Chapter 5

Justin White is here. I cannot believe my eyes. I should not freak out. I wish I could text Alex right now. I take a deep breath and try to compose my feelings. "He is just another guy in your English class. He probably doesn't know your name and he has a girlfriend," I think to myself.

"What's up Heather?" Says Justin Casually.

He knows my name. How does he know my name? The only conversation that we ever had was when he asked me if he could copy my homework before class.

"Nothing much! What about you?" I try to reply as calmly and normally as possible avoiding to show my feelings.

"So you guys do know each other?" Says my father, "see Micheal, no introductions needed."

"Yes, Heather and I share English class together. She is one of the brightest kids in the class. The teacher loves her." Justin chocked me. How does he know so much about me?

I can feel myself blushing, unable to control it. I am wishing that the sun can mask my red face.

"Well that's my kiddo!" My father shouts.

"I guess I like English and it comes pretty easy to me." I try to keep my cool then I say, "I'm feeling a little hot, I'm going to hit the water. I will see you guys in a little. It was nice meeting you Mr. White"

I needed an out of the situation. I could feel my heart pounding and a whole growing in my chest. I re-play the moment in my head and feel a warmth developing in my cheek.

I urgently need Alex's advice and company. She is the relationship expert. I am not. I guess Alex was right after all. This year's cruise is going to be different, very different.

As I go in the cool water, I already feel a great sense of relief coming out of me. I decided to push this matter to the back of my mind and enjoy the swim. But how can I forget though? As I turn around, I see Justin swimming in my direction. "Okay Heather! Play it cool. Do not panic." Those are the words that play in my head as Justin approaches me.