Chapter 6

As he approches me, I think that I shouldn't stare at him or his perfect body. I couldn't help myself though. His beautiful green eyes, blond short hair and charming white smile draws my gaze to his. Was he checking me out? Probably not, this is just my hallucinations playing trick to my thoughts. Justin has a girlfriend and he seems very happy with her. Why would an athlete even look at a plain girl like me?

"The water is great. Isn't it?" I say to distract myself from starring at him.

"It is great! I love swimming. I wish Eastwood was close to the beach or even had a pool," Justin answers.

"Did he make you come with him?"

"Not at all, I asked him if he has room for one guest at the last minute," Justin surprises me. Why would he want to come to a vacation for old men?

"I wish I can say the same. I have to come every year and as you can see, there is no one around to hang out with."

"That is exactly what I need, a getaway: a place where no one I know would be and I can have a piece of mind. I have been dealing with a lot back home lately and what I need is a quiet place where I can relax."

I wonder what problems kept him overwhelmed but I did not want to ask, it looks like he does not even want to talk about them, so I say, " Then this is the perfect place for you, not for me though, I wish I could stay back home with my mother and friends"

"Friends are over-rated, so are girlfriends."

What did he just say? Girlfriends are over-rated? Does that mean that Tracy and him are over, that he is single and free? My heart starts pounding in my chest and I can feel an uncontrolable smile forming on my face.

"Why the smile?" he asks.

"Because I have never met a guy our age saying that. Usually, they are desperately looking for someone to date or be with. I agree though, relationship are not as exciting as everyone claims them to be. I disagree however about friends, I can not imagine how my life would be without my best friend."

"Alex right? I see you girls are inseparable at school."

He knows Alex too, he notices us at school! Does he like Alex? Am I the friend he is trying to get close to so he can get the girl he likes? God! I hope not; I really do not want a boy to stand between us. Not that I will let anything stand in between.

"Yes she is my non-biological sister."

As he prepares himself to say something, we hear my father shout: "Heather, Justin, you need to get out of the pool and get ready for the party. Unless, of course you do not want to come. It will be fun though!"

"Did someone say party? I cannot wait! See Heather, I told you this trip is going to be a lot of fun!" Justin looks at me with a smile and eyes that hold a feeling of excitement.

"You are right, let's go!"

Thank God Mom made me bring a coktail dress. What would I have worn if it wasn't for her? Looks like this night is going to be exciting!

Hello readers! I hope you are liking where the story is going and tell me what you think or expect!