Part 16

Hey everyone, I seem to have a rough schedule going on for the month of August while I wait to go back to college in September to start a new course and stuff like that. We Are is currently on hold because I have writer's block and if you wouldn't mind go and check out Let Me See which is in my one shot book because it is helping me prepare for a future storyline on here. I aim to do a lot of one shots this month and maybe two updates for this to make up for the month that I missed.

Let's go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny p.o.v

George now takes me to the study room of our house when he wants me to learn the history of our kind. I last read the book he gave me a week ago and now I am all healed up from Aron's attack and I can focus on my work and not be in pain anymore. Dylan and Matt still have an intense debate on the existence of aliens and I don't want that freaky power thingy to happen again. It hasn't happened since but I don't want to try and do it either. "Danny, are you ready to talk about last week?" George asks me as he sits on the table as I read the chapter which had something written about a chosen one who had elemental powers like I displayed a week ago. "Maybe, I still don't know what happened though," I tell him.

It would be good to try and make sense of what happened last week and if there is anything that we can do about it. "Well start by telling me how you felt when that happened, what emotions were you going through?" he asks, always the caring teacher of the group with an answer to most of my questions. "I was frustrated because I was tired of all the bickering going on around me. My arm went a little cold just before it happened as well. It stayed cold for a little while afterwards too," I explain, talking slower than usual as I am trying to make sense of it all while I try and remember the crazy events of last week. George briefly glanced at the book while I was explaining it all to him and then he looked at me. "Well, there is a possibility that you may be developing some new powers but this is a legend and the last person to have it died well over a thousand years ago and she had no family line that followed after her," George explains.

"So, I am losing my mind then?" I ask George who shakes his head. I glanced at the book again which referenced another book which said something about chosen ones and that kind of thing. "No, I do not think you are losing your mind Danny. Just because it is written down as a legend doesn't mean that it is false. You could very easily develop the powers written in the legend like anyone else can," George explains calmly. I still have Jorel's hoodie from when I was cold and he told me I could keep it so I picked at the sleeves which covered my arms completely. "What if I don't want them?" I ask quietly when I started reading that you don't just have the ability with one element, you have them all and it scared me more than my own death did.

"I know you don't Danny but there isn't really anything we can do if you have the powers. We will make sure that you can control them if that is what you are worried about. You have amazing self-control already so I think that will apply to the new powers as well," George says and hugs me gently. I hug him back and then we go back to studying the history of our kind. There was something I wanted to ask George but I didn't think he would answer my question. George noticed that I was thinking about something and he put the bookmark on the page we are on and then closed the book. "What are you thinking about Danny?" he asks me, when I looked up at him wondering why the book we were reading from was closed. "Nothing, well I did have a question but I don't think you would answer it," I tell him.

"You can ask me anything you know that. I'd rather have a student who asked me everything than a student who asks nothing and has burning questions inside," he tells me and it gives me a little bit more confidence in asking him about his past and how he became a cambion like Jorel. One day I will know everyone's history or well I would like to think that I will. "How did you become a cambion George?" I ask him, feeling really curious because I know he is around about 200 years old like Jorel is. "I'll tell you Danny, you don't have to worry about asking us questions like that because we will answer you," he tells me and then he clears his throat because I know it is going to be a bit of a tale.