Part 30

I hope I don't let anyone down with this chapter. This time the war ends.

TRIGGER WARNING

TORTURE INVOLVED.

AND DEATH.. LOTS OF IT EITHER MENTIONED OR HINTED AT.

THIS WAS YOUR PSA..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny p.o.v

Hayden listened to my story, my mom told him what I remembered from that day in my childhood. It does make sense why when I met him for the first time before I got turned he was sort of familiar to me. I was so overwhelmed at the time that I thought nothing of what happened. It's the day after I told mom and Hayden is over. He wants to check on us all mentally to make sure that we are okay and ready for the fight in a few months' time. "I'm surprised you remembered me so clearly Danny. You blacked out an awful lot that day," he tells me. He held me while I was unconscious on the ride to hospital. "Yeah, a lot of that moment sticks in my head. Some of it is fuzzy now but the impact and the bit after were so clear," I tell him.

The next memory I had was waking up in PICU (paediatric intensive care unit) with all my siblings around me. I had taken a turn for the worst after Rigo saw me awake for the first time and spend the best part of two weeks in a coma. Rigo helped me remember some of the bits that I struggled to remember when it came to what happened next. They had to remind me that my parents weren't coming back. I asked for them a few times until I finally remembered that they were never coming back. The doctor said due to the trauma I had some issues with short term memory, but it should be fine after a while and it was. "Poor Danny, people thought he was crazy when he said the man in the red hair rescued him," Rigo says. He wants to be part of what happens, he wants revenge on Aron for what he did to me.

Jorel said they could do whatever they wanted to Aron's body once I had killed him. That included Rigo, Kyle and Lisa Marie if they wanted to. My mother can't for council reasons, even though I think all of the leaders and members of the California council would want to make Aron pay for what he did to them. The leaders will dispose of Aron's body once we are done with it and the same goes for the other bodies that will be left after our plan is complete. We all worked out the finer details and today we were passing them through Hayden. This is where I get to use my elemental powers more. I want to torture him. I want his death to be as slow and as painful as mine was. I worry that my heart will become dark, but I have been reassured that it won't be.

It's natural to want revenge. It might be dark what I have planned, but my reasoning is justified. I want him to experience pain, I want pain to be the last thing he remembers just like it did. My memory of being turned has come back now I am almost five years old in Cambion years. I remember the times that I was awake and the agony that it brought me. The poison that ran through my veins caused the worst pain that I have ever been through, even worse than the car accident and the whole necrosis thing even though they both came pretty close. Even the broken arm didn't come close to the pain of my death. I finally had the courage to tell Jorel about it and he helped me fill in some of the blanks. He knew how much pain I was in, but there was nothing he could do.

He wanted to take it away, but we all knew we had to stick it out and let it happen naturally. Now I just have to keep my hunting up and make sure I have all the essence I am going to need for what is to come. Jorel has plans to take me on extra hunting sessions so that I have more than enough essence for what I need to do in October. I'm happy that we now have a date of when this war will end, and I honestly can't wait. I sit down and take my fake leg off, I hate this thing sometimes. It's so uncomfortable. Jorel sits next to me. "Maybe you should go back to Michael and get a new one ordered that would be more comfortable. I am sure he can make a new one," Jorel tells me and I nod. "Once the war is over then I will," I tell him. I can wear it for most of the day, but at home I don't really need to.