Chapter 15

Cameron, Adam and I had no other choice but to run away. With all that noise, Emily was sure to come up here. When we got to the door, I twisted the knob but it wouldn't open.
"What the..." I whispered. It wasn't locked but something on the other side was preventing us from getting through. I banged on the door without thinking; what if it was Emily?
"Stay back! Let us all leave! Stop!" The person on the other side yelled. It was a person familiar to me and someone who should have been with us and the preps but was missing unnoticed this whole time.
"It's you." I shouted to the other side. "You're one of the people who hurt her in maths. You're one of them that started it, Rebecca!" The shouts from the other side ceased and were quickly replaced by sniffles. Rebecca on the other side quietly said my name in a questionable manner. I was certain she was unsure if it was me so I checked it with her and she remembered. She opened the door with force and wrapped her arms around me unlike anyone had ever done.

She had told us everything she had seen but it was nothing we hadn't. It was about time by now and I had to tell her about what happened to Faye, Matthew, Molly and Georgia. Those were her friends but I'd thought I'd tell her about Cassidy just for a warning.

She was silent after; she didn't need to say anything. All of her friends (with the exception of Adam) were dead. She pointed to my wrist.
"What happened?" But I didn't need to answer. I just shot her a look that made her stutter an almost inaudible 'oh'. She unwrapped the bandage on her hand, showing us what Emily had done to her.

What we saw made Adam cuss under his breath.

Two of her fingers were sliced clean off and the bandage was now red with her blood. Cameron had to go away but we heard him gagging just around the corner. The story behind it was just as horrifying.

Rebecca was in the cafeteria searching for food when the knives flew at her at remarkable speeds she had fallen back and Emily straddled her, restricting her movements before telling her that thieves get a punishment. The psycho was going to cut off her entire hand but luck allowed her to wiggle free and only lose two fingers.

In that hellish mess, she was lucky.

We had explained to Rebecca we were safe and had already called the authorities. They should be there any minute now and all we were doing is waiting. However, the black sky above us showed no signs of fading.

It was strange to think that right below us, Emily was searching for us to end our lives.

"So you're saying we have to make it safely to the exit? How are we going to get out to get to them? I've tried and there's no way out at all." Rebecca informed us. My suspicion that the only way to leave was to be killed was slowly becoming confirmed, no matter how much I denied it in my head. This was it. This was the end of Bella.

We had run down the stairs again, avoiding staying in one spot for too long. We were fairly certain she wouldn't be on the third floor but we were wrong.

We were at one end of the corridor, terrified.

She was at the other, grinning like always.

We turned to run but Rebecca fell, claiming she couldn't move her ankle. Tears were non stop streaming down her face and when she tried to crawl away, she got dragged in the direction of the phantom at the end of the hall.

Once she had finished screaming and reached the ankles of the dead girl, who then proceeded to squat down beside her and whisper something before picking her up by her school bow. Emily swung Rebecca in a circle over and over, getting faster each time until eventually, when she felt the time was right, she let go, causing Rebecca to fly past and hit a wall turning it white to red.

It was painted in dark red blood.

My death count had reached fifteen in the past six hours. We had been here too long and we were all beginning to go insane. Only three of us were left to die and yet somehow, we felt we had almost finished. Maybe this was a test. Maybe I was dreaming.

Those were the thoughts that occupied my head.

Surprisingly, I wasn't wondering where my allies had fled to.