[18]

The first person that noticed her was her brother. Persephone felt as if she had a frog in her mouth that was ready to burst out. She hadn't expected neither her brother nor her friend to be there in plain sight.

"Uh, Fury? Is this one of the drones for practice?" The boy asked, nodding over to her

The Director turned around and looked at her from head to toe with his one scrutinizing eye. She froze up, not knowing what to do.

"It's her! She's a shapeshifter!" The man exclaimed

The next thing Persephone knew, soldiers appeared only a few feet behind her, their guns ready. She was ready to fall on the ground and cry her heart out. She was going to be taken back and tortured even more than she had before.

"Wait a minute!" Spider-Man interjected, stepping up,"You can't just shoot everyone on sight!"

"Who's 'she', Fury? All I can tell that that's Spidey." Deadpool said, even though one of his hands was hovering over one of his guns strapped to his thigh

Fury refused to answer and Persephone grew angry. He wouldn't admit to what he had been doing to her. Of course he wouldn't. He had a beautiful reputation to uphold. He couldn't care less for a teenage girl like herself.

"Who are you?" Her brother asked as he took a few steps closer to her

Persephone finally found the courage to speak," I was on fire before.. I need something to cover me up." She murmured

She had the same voice as Peter's. What was it that Fury called her? A shapeshifter? This day got weirder and weirder by the minute.

The boy was hesitant for a few moments before nodding and looking around the control room. Everyone was silent and still, not knowing about what was going on or what to do.

Peter went up to a balding man and asked him for his lab coat. The boy returned to Persephone with the coat and handed it to her. She thanked him quietly before putting it on and buttoning the buttons of the coat.

"Now, who are you?" The superhero asked, his arms crossing

The girl bit on the inside of her cheek, the nervousness in her rising. If she couldn't change back, she didn't know what would happen. She just knew that it would ruin her chances of running away.

Persephone tried willing herself to turn back into her own body but didn't know how. She just closed her eyes and concentrated as hard as she could before she heard a gasp in surprise and that's when she decided to open her eyes.

She looked at her brother, chewing on the inside of her cheek nervously. The lab coat was big on her so her balled up fists were hidden under the sleeves.

"Persephone?" The boy asked incredulously

She nodded her head, her eyesight blurring with the tears that were threatening to fall out. It was almost three weeks since she had last seen her brother and he was now standing just a few feet away from her.

"What the hell did you do to her, Fury?"

She turned her gaze to Deadpool, his hand curled around the gun strapped to his thigh. Now that he knew who had been in the Spider-Man costume, his body was fueled with rage. Seeing what had happened to Persephone made him far more angrier than he had been in months.

"I don't have to answer to you. She needs to go back to finish her tests. We need-"

Deadpool had taken the gun out of its holster and cocked it, the weapon pointed perfectly at Fury's eye," I swear to everything that is holy, I will make you go permanently blind if you don't-"

"No." Peter replied, not even turning his head to Fury,"My sister, Deadpool, and I are going to get off of this ship and we're never coming back." He said, the tone in his voice strangely calm,"Nobody's going to shoot anyone, no one's going to take my sister away from me again."

"Spider-Man-"

"No!" The boy shouted at the director, startling Persephone, Deadpool, and Fury himself. Peter never really rose his voice when he spoke. It wasn't in his nature," I don't want to hear from SHIELD ever again."

Deadpool made his way over to Persephone and took her gently in his arms. This was the most quiet that she'd ever seen him. It was both frightening yet calming.

She didn't know what had happened to cause it but in the next moment, the teenage girl fainted in the mercenary's arms.