[20]

Persephone was wrong when she thought that she couldn't scare herself any further.

Heterochromia. It was something to add to her new problems. Not only in her eyes but in her hair. Rather than staring back at her own brown eyes like the ones she had been staring at in her brother, Persephone's right eye was a crystal blue. A section of her hair in the front left side was silver gray, as if she were aging rapidly.

Persephone spent a good five minutes in the bathroom, staring back at her reflection. This was her, but it wasn't her. She didn't feel like herself, feel like who she was supposed to be.

The person in the mirror couldn't possibly be her. This had to be a dream. It seemed so much more like a nightmare to her.

"Hey, come on, Pers," Deadpool called out,"It's not that bad. It could've been worst."

She blinked and turned towards the man who had moved to sitting on the couch, his legs wide open. Peter, on the other hand, was still standing on the same spot that Persephone had left him.

"Can we lay off talking about me looking like a monster for a while?" She asked

"You're not a monster, Pearl! Don't say that!" Peter exclaimed as he made his way towards her

She sighed as she let herself be enveloped in her brother's arms once again. He gave her the comfort that she both needed and wanted to get away from.

He only wanted to keep her safe but she wanted to run away. She knew that she had nowhere else to go to. Her aunt would freak out if she saw Persephone like this.

Deadpool watched on from under his mask. His scarred lips were pursed and his eyes narrowed. Not at either of them. He was thinking of the people that had done this to her.

Persephone seemed so much more broken than when she had when the mercenary had left her to go on a job that he had in Virginia. He had come back a week later, expecting her to come up to him and tackle him in a bear hug. She always did that. She'd hug him tightly, jump into his arms and cling to him, almost as if she were a koala bear. Then, she'd smack him upside the head, telling him that she missed him being annoying even if they had called over the phone the night before and talked for hours.

When he had come back, he had seen the teenage girl sitting on her bed, painting her nails. It was odd. Her nails were always bare. She hated painting them. Spider-Man had been pacing around, his suit off and just wearing a pair of shorts and a science t-shirt. How did he know it was the Amazing Spider-Man? Deadpool could never forget an ass like his baby boy's. It was one of a kind.

The merc had been thrown off by seeing Spidey, actually seeing him, for the first time but he had pushed that off by greeting the boy with his usual cocky remark. The boy had had already noticed him and was scrambling to get his suit but sighed and let the suit pool down on the floor, knowing that it was of no use anyway.

Deadpool had asked if his aunt was home and when the boy said no, he had pulled out a gun of his and shot a bullet through Persephone's head. A satisfied smirk played on his lips as the robot slumped down. Spider-Man had screamed at him, telling him that that could have been the actual Persephone. The merc only shrugged, telling the boy that he knew that it was not her so it wasn't a problem.

When the twins separated, Persephone made her way to the masked mercenary and plopped down on his lap. The man wasted no time in holding her to him, a sigh leaving both of their lips.

"Why are you so quiet?" She asked him, her fingers playing with the material of the man's suit, trying not to cringe as she saw her new skin

"What can I say? You're.. they've ruined you. I can't act like everything is fine." The man said

She just shrugged and moved around so that it looked as if she was an overgrown child in her father's arms. In the most twisted way, it kinda was like that.