Chapter Ten

Gordo decided for the next week he'd give Miranda the space she wanted and needed. That's how much he cared for her. Then, it'd give Lizzie and him time to make their film. Before they went out to capture statements from Miranda's family and friends, Gordo and Lizzie were at her apartment to film theirs.

"So we're really making this video?" Lizzie asked Gordo.

"I'd do anything for Miranda." He opened the video camera flap and started recording.

"Me too." Lizzie smiled at the camcorder.

"We'll call it, 'The Miranda Sanchez Project,'" Gordo decided. He aimed the lens at him and Lizzie. They pressed their heads  together so they could both fit in the shot.

"Hey Miranda, it's your best friends here," Gordo said to the camera. "We're making this film to show you how much you mean to your friends and family."

"And what better way then to start with us?" Lizzie added.

"Definitely," Gordo agreed. He whipped the camera around to just capture Lizzie. "Why don't you start."

"Hey Miranda!" Lizzie waved. "You've always felt like the sister I never had. I could come to you for advice and good ideas and to talk about boys. I could never do that with Gordo. That's why you're special to me Miranda. You were always there for me when I needed you. Always. But I wish I was there for you more."

Lizzie's voice started to break and she wiped her wet eyes. "I wish I was there for you more."

A small sympathetic smile appeared on Gordo's face as he watched Lizzie cry in front of the camera. It's was then he knew, Lizzie was truly sorry and she forgave Miranda. When he let her tears subside, Gordo handed her the camera so she could film him. But once he stared into the lens, he had the inability to speak. Gordo had so many things to say about Miranda, he didn't know how to start. He smiled shyly at the camera while scratching the back of his neck. Lizzie flipped the camera to her face quickly.

"Sorry Miranda, looks like Gordo has nothing to say," Lizzie teased.

"Hey!" Gordo grinned, pulling the camera away from her hands.

"Miranda." He looked at the lens. "Remember when you asked me what was my favorite thing about you? Well I remember I gave you a lame answer. Now I know. My favorite thing about you is when we hang together and it's like we're in our own world. We talk about people, culture, and life around us. Anything. It doesn't matter what we talk about, because you can hold the best conversations. Remember your rants and how I'd always listen to you talk for minutes and minutes and minutes, without me saying a word? I'd never complain because listening to you talk was comforting. Miranda, I promise, if you still want to be my friend, I won't stop listening to you talk. To make up for the past four years I wasn't there to listen, we can spend a whole day talking about whatever you want."

Gordo closed his eyes, breathing in and out heavily. He stopped recording and closed his camcorder's screen. When he looked at Lizzie, she focused her soft eyes on him.

"Gordo, I had know idea."

He tipped his head. "About what?"

"You and Miranda."

Gordo kept his head tipped at an angle.

"The way your eyes shine when you talk about her is so sweet. I had no idea you two loved talking. I would have let you guys have more time alone."

When things got sad again, Gordo shook his head. "Nope. I'm not letting you take the blame Lizzie McGuire. You can fight all you want, but you are not taking the blame."