Chapter 1

(Note: This is NOT a Batgirl/Robin fanfic. The character is purely mine from my own imagination. All other characters, locations and other belong to DC)

A heavy silence fills the crisp night air, only accompanied by the soft whizzing of cars and the chirping of crickets. But that silence is soon broken as a different noise, one much more shrill, fills the air.

“Please, no!” A voice begs softly.

“Sorry ma’am, but it's my job" a gruff voice responds.

I turn my head to the noise as I swiftly tip-toe forward, my boots hardly making a sound against the concrete. From my new vantage point, I can clearly see the scene before me.

"I-I'll give you anything, just please don't kill me!" The young woman begs. She's cornered in the alleyway, her back pressed against a wall while a man dressed in black advances on her. The silhouette of the gun is clearly outlined under the full moon.

"Sorry babe, but that's not how it works" the man snickers, his fingers edging towards the trigger.

I know it's my turn to intervene, my soft voice carrying in the alleyway, "I think we can make it work" I speak clearly, and both heads snap up to my dark shape leaning casually against the fire escape. In one movement i vault over the railing and land smoothly on the floor beside the criminal.

"Who are you supposed to be? Another member of the Bat Family?" his eyes narrow, but I can see his fingers begin to shake slightly in fear.

I shrug "I don't think I look much like a bat to you, but I'll let you believe what you want. Because in a moment you won't be able to" I say, a smirk lighting my red painted lips.

"I doubt that, young lady" the burglar says, recovering now from the initial shock of my entrance and swinging his gun around to face me.

I duck and roll on the ground just as he pulls the trigger, the bullet hitting against the wall where I was just standing. I jump up to my feet as the man reaims his gun. As he pull the trigger again, I jump up, narrowly missing the shot as I flip upside down, extending my arms as they land on the man's shoulders and I grab on, pulling him up as I flip rightside up, throwing the man on his back on the hard ground, his gun clattering to the gun beside him. He groans in pain and reaches for the gun, but I kick it aside quickly, wagging my finger.

"Not so fast" I tease and kick him in the head, rendering the man unconcious.

As I begin to tie up the man with a rope from my utility belt, a voice speaks from behind me. I had forgotten about the woman behind me, a rookie mistake if she intended any harm.

"Thanks for saving me" the voice whispers and I turn around to face her. Her eyes are shining with tears and she's still quaking with fear.

"No problem, just go down to Gotham PD and they'll help you out, I'll deal with him" I say and she nods, practically running out of the alleyway.

I smile as I look down at the burglar "All in a day's work, huh buddy" I say to the unconcious man as I tie the knots around his hands and feet. I'm sure someone'll find him. Eventually.

Standing up, I brush the dirt off my knees and walk away from the scene of the crime, hopping back up the fire escape and disappearing into the night.

_________________-_______________-_____________________________-

The first chapter's short but I promise the rest will be longer! I'm not that good with action plots and stuff, I usually write teen fic and romance :/