Chapter 9 part 1

By the time the sun set Wednesday night, I was bored out of my mind. The usual dinner traffic was thinning out and I felt ready to drop. Leaning heavily against the counter, I took the next person's order.

"You look exhausted" a voice commented from behind me and I shot up, turning to see a smirking Andrew. I slap his arm, annoyed 

"Don't do that" i reprimand.

"What, talk to you?" He says innocently.

"No" I growl turning around as another costumer walks up to the counter.

"Hey, I was just kidding. Cut me some slack will ya" He pleads and I roll my eyes.

"Andrew, I'm trying to work, last thing I need is Wescott hounding me again" I say, wrinkling my nose.I could sense his wandering eyes from his office, picking out all my mistakes.

"Sorry just wanted to see what you're doing Friday night" he says. I freeze as I'm counting out the change for a customer and quickly look around to see he's giving me a boyish smile. Laughing slightly, I hand the customer his change.

"Is that your way of asking me on a date?" I say, raising an eyebrow when I turn back to face him.

"Wow, your observation skills have improved!" Andrew mocks. When he sees my exasperated look he laughs. "But yes, it is. So what do you say?" he asks, his eyes round and wide.

"Well I suppose I should say yes..." I trail off with a thoughtful tone, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"Amber..."

My smile bigger, I turn around to face his serious blue eyes "Of course it's  a yes" I say. Andrew's smile grows.

"Great! Should I pick you up after work?' he asks

"Sounds good" I say, just as Mr. Wescott comes out.

"Stone I don't pay you to socialize" he yells. Inwardly rolling my eyes, I catch Andrew's apologetic smile and turn around to face the next costumer.

"How may I help you" I ask, pasting on a cheery smile.

"By giving me all your money" A gruff voice responds. And that's when I notice the gun.

___________________________________________

A/N: Yay cliches! Anyways, like I said I wrote this a few months ago and it's really short and I was too lazy to rewrite it but I was dying to end on some sort of cliffhanger so I was like "whatevs". I just finished writing Chapter 11 but I'm gonna wait to post it! And loving all the comments guys, it inspires me to write more! Anyways enjoy this short half-chapter as I cringe at it's poor writing.