Chapter thirty four

Crown school was back to their activities. Fun was back again. And that was the time when you have to stand on the stage, talk with your whole, support, and oppose the motion. It was always fun and lively.

"Head girl." The principal called me as usual. Guess he had forgotten my name was Suzy. Every time he called me, he called me head girl. Most of the teachers practiced it too that they started calling head girl in the class and forgot my name was Suzy.

To solve anything calculation, head girl.

To answer any question, head girl.

They believed I know it all but they were wrong.

"Head girl are you listening?" I heard my principal's voice.

"Yes sir," I lied.

"Okay." he gave me a small book. "On our coming literary and debate, we would be talking about dressing. How do people perceive us with our dressing. What do guys think about girls who dress half naked. And guys who sag," he said. "It is there. Just check it. Let people know about these questions so they can participate, know what to talk about and do some research." He concluded.

"Yes sir," I bowed as usual.

"Less I forget," he quickly said. "The boy should have arrived here," he murmured to himself, but I could hear him clearly. "Okay. Since the boy is not here, you can -" the door interrupted what he was about to say. He looked up and a young boy walked in.

"Very good Emmanuel. What took you so long?" Principal asked the boy, gesturing his hand for him to have his seat. He was not tall nor short. He cautiously walked in, taking his bow and stealing a glance at me before he sat down. He looked a bit younger, dark and lean in stature.

"Head girl, meet Emmanuel our new scholar," he introduced.

I smiled at the name principal called the boy.

"He got this year's scholarship," he went on explaining. "Emmanuel," he said to the boy. "That's Suzy our head girl. She also made it here just like you with a scholarship. I want you to also prove to us that truly, you deserve it because the girl standing here, is one of the top intelligent students we have in Crown school. By the time you are in ss3 as well, you will definitely be a good example to any lucky student coming in after you."

"Wow!" I heard the boy said and stood up. "It's nice meeting you Suzy," he stretched his right hand forward. I took it with a smile. "My pleasure," I said. "I hope you know you can't relent but work harder." I couldn't believe I was giving lecture like my Dad.

"Hmm.." I heard the principal cleared his throat. "God bless you our head girl."

I smiled because I didn't know how I could start giving advice like that, but I knew I wanted to say something and it came.

"Now, Emmanuel you know what you're in for. She turned out to be our head girl today because she kept to her work and never let her studies behind. She's made it here and yet, she didn't disappoint us. Please remember why you are here." He added for Emmanuel.

"Yes sir, thank you sir," he sincerely said, and bowed.

How time flies. I was once like him when the principal welcomed me into Crown school. It was the best day of my life. I bade the principal goodbye, and left. Immediately, I resumed to my work. I made sure everyone got the topic of the coming literary and debate. I threw out the questions we were expecting answers from and I could see everyone was excited about it, especially the guys. But I wondered why the guys were excited in particular.