Chapter 2

Zane enters his bedroom, finding Garroth already sat on his bed, ready to go to sleep as it was already pretty late in the night. "Hey baby brother, how did it go with Aaron and his pack?" Garroth asks, looking up from his phone, "It went okay I guess...they're nice and said they'll start teaching me the basics of being a werewolf," Zane answers and goes to lie down on his bed. "So, do they know the Ultima secret?" Garroth asks but Zane shakes his head.

"They know that something's going on, but they said that they're not going to ask until they earned the trust of Derek and his family to tell them their secret in their own time," Zane explains. "Whoa, that's so kind of them," Garroth comments and Zane agrees. "The only one who does know is Blaze," Zane adds.

When he lay down, a quick shock of pain and discomfort ran through his body, causing him to yelp and sit up. "Are you okay?!" Garroth says, getting up and walking over to him, "Yup, fine...just squished my t-tail," Zane says, stumbling with his words a bit. "It's weird hearing you say that you have a tail," Garroth comments and sits next to Zane.

"Yeah, it's making me stumble with my words," Zane informs, "Are they still hurting?" Garroth asks but Zane shakes his head. "No, only if touched harshly, but my pants have been a bother," Zane says as he gently grabs his tail, running his hand through the soft fur. "Are you able to move them?" Garroth asks and Zane shakes his head. "I haven't tried. Usually, werewolves' ears and tails move on their own based on your emotions, but they haven't moved at all," Zane responds.

"Your ears would probably be droopy most of the time," Garroth jokes, implying that Zane acts like he's always miserable. Zane chuckles, "But...are you sure you're going to be alright? I mean, being a werewolf isn't bad, it might even be better but you've never been one..." Garroth says, not sure how to put what he means into the right words.

Zane lets out a sigh, "I honestly don't know. I mean, I was born human, I have a human family and now everything's changing so quickly and I'm not prepared. What are we going to tell Mom or Garte? What about everyone back at Mystreet?" Zane questioned, turning to Garroth to see if he had any answers but he was just as confused as him.

"They don't know anything. About the lodge, Aaron being an Ultima Werewolf, and..." Zane's voice trails off, not wanting to mention anymore. Remembering was just too painful for both of them as Zane already had a spiral in the past this morning when talking with Aaron. "We obliviously can't lie to them that I'm a pureblood werewolf, unlike Aaron. They know that mom and dad aren't werewolves and neither are you," Zane states. "With Mom and Garte...we might have to tell the truth..." Zane mutters but Garroth shakes his head.

"We made a promise that we'll never reveal the Lycan's family secret," Garroth states, "What if they do know? Garte and Derek have been business partners for years," Zane questioned. "Zane, a family secret means it stays in the family. And even if they do know, how will it change the fact that you almost could've died? Dad and Mom will be furious," Garroth states.

"You're right, what am I thinking? I don't want to put Aaron and his family in any kind of danger, and Aphmau," Zane adds. "Let's not worry about it now, we have the whole summer to come up with a plan," Garroth states and Zane nods in agreement, continuing to run his fingers through his tail.

"Can...Can I touch it?" Garroth asks, staring at the tail. Zane nods and moves his hands away. Garroth hesitantly reaches his hand, gently running his fingers through the fur, "Wow, that's soft!" Garroth exclaims, rubbing the fur between his fingers. "Wait...is it inappropriate to touch a werewolf's tail?" Garroth questions, "Without consent, yeah," Zane answers, believing it to be common sense.

"Also, are you still feeling weak or still in pain?" Garroth asks but Zane shakes his head, "Lucinda gave me a strength potion, it really helped," Zane informs before letting out a yawn. "Well, we should go to sleep, you do have a big day tomorrow," Garroth says, trying to make it sound exciting but Zane was just nervous, although didn't show. "Yup, Zane says and lies down on his side, covering himself with the blanket.