Chapter 14

Zane wakes up to the sound of chattering happening downstairs. Zane sits up from his bed, confused about when he fell asleep, and realized he had the sea bunny clutched very tightly and closely to his chest. Zane gets up and goes downstairs, finding Garroth, Lucinda, Kim, Blaze, Dottie, and Ryland downstairs, all screaming with excitement as Aphmau shows the ring.

"This is amazing!!" Blaze yells as everyone hugs Aphmau and congratulates Aaron, while Garroth stands there. Zane walks over to Garroth, Garroth immediately noticing the concerned look on Zane's face. "Zane, you okay?" Garroth asks, keeping his voice down, not wanting to worry the others. "Yeah, well, kinda. I just need to talk to you and Lucinda," Zane explains and walks over to Lucinda.

"Lucinda," Zane calls to her and she turns to him, Zane makes sure no one else noticed them, but everyone was to busy talking with Aph and Aaron. "Let's talk," Zane says and grabs Lucinda's hand and takes her upstairs, Garroth following them. "What happened?" Lucinda asks, moving her bangs from her eyes. "Someone broke into your bedroom," Zane response bounty, Lucinda and Garroth eyes widen.

"Who?" Garroth asks, "I don't know who. I was throwing away the trash and there was a weird, disgusting smell and I followed it to Lucinda's bedroom," Zane explains. "But when entering the room, I was knocked out before I could see who it was," Zane finishes. Lucinda doesn't say anything and immediately rushes in her room, finding her luggage open with all her potion ingredients spilled on the floor.

But what terrified Lucinda, was the fact that the book was gone. "The book..." Lucinda mutters as she searches deeper in her luggage. Zane and Garroth enter, noticing the mess and noticing how panicked Lucinda seemed to be. "It's gone!" Lucinda shouts as she gets up and searching through the bedroom, under the bed, through her drawers, but the book was nowhere to be seen.

"What did they take?" Zane asks as he helps by picking up the mess, putting each ingredient back in their jars, and places the jar back in Lucinda's luggage. "The book," Lucinda answers as she runs her hand through her hair, feeling frustrated. "What book?" Garroth asks, "The book from the lodge, that contained the forever potion recipe," Lucinda answers.

"Why did you bring it here?" Zane asks, "I wanted to study the book and its spells some more so I took it, but I didn't want to leave it at home, it's to dangerous," Lucinda explains, Zane and Garroth not putting any blame on her, understanding that the book would be safe in her hands. "Who do you think could have taken it?" Zane asks as he picks up the jar containing spider legs.

Lucinda stares at the spider legs, "I think I have an idea," Lucinda says, "Ugh, but I can't bring you guys," Lucinda adds. "Why?" Garroth asks, "I'll explain once I'm sure of it, but right now it's all about Aphmau and Aaron. So, let's keep this between us and we'll talk tomorrow," Lucinda says and quickly leaves the room before Zane and Garroth could speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucinda drags Kim early morning towards Travis's and Katelyn's house, having been there before to eat after the party. Lucinda has already explained to the Kim about the book being stolen and about Travis's father, Terrence. "Why are we here? Shouldn't we be at Travis's father's house?" Kim questions as they hide by the bushes by the side of the house. "I don't know where Terrence's house is, but there's a high chance that he's staying with Travis and Katelyn since they're all here together," Lucinda explains.

"Lucinda, this isn't a good idea, there are repercussions for things like this," Kim comments since Lucinda has the idea of breaking into the house. "There are only repercussions if you get caught," Lucinda says, "Beside Kim, you know how dangerous that book is, and if there's even a slight chance that he might have it, then I'm going for it," Lucinda says.