Our Life With The Next Generation *Book 2*

Brynlee's POV
I was sitting on the train with everyone as they talked among themselves. I just sit there quietly not knowing what to say or do. I was sitting by the window, Albus on the opposite side of me. Reya and Scorpius were across from us. I just stared outside, not looking at anyone directly. Before you all start this, ' OMG! She's had a whole summer to mourn over him! ' I will never get over him. He's my big brother. We've been together through thick and thin for fifteen years. He will forever be missed. So don't you even think for a second I will stop mourning.

Albus puts his hand on my knee and gives me a half smile. I just look at him for a split second before turning away again, crossing my arms.

"Bryn? Are you okay?" Reya askes me quietly.

" What do you think? " I snap, not bothering to look at her.

She just leans back in her seat. I know it's not right of me to push away the people I love but I can't help it.

Albus looks at Reya and tells her, " She's just... You know. "

" I'm just what?! " I ask him. " I'll see you guys later. " I leave the compartment and walk into the next one. Riley and Sam sat there, Riley leaning on Sam. Their eyes were bloodshot. I don't blame them. I sit across from them and sigh. " This isn't the start of a good year. "

Scorpius' POV

"I know she's hurt, but it's not fair to push the ones you love away." I say aloud after Brynlee leaves.

"Don't talk like that." Reya snaps "She's just not good at hiding her feelings. You wouldn't have any idea how much that hurt some people. Others can hide it though."

" This has affected her so much, Scorpius. She might not be the same again. This is serious. " Albus says, leaning against the wall.

"I know it's serious I-"

"What do you know Albus?! This hasn't affected you at all so shut your mouth!"
Reya interrupts

" Are you freaking kidding me?! " He yells at her. "THIS HAS AFFECTED MY GIRLFRIEND! There for, it's affected me. So how about you shut up and stop saying BS. Because that's what it is, is bull shit. "

"Hey, don't fight! I know this is hard on everyone but-" I say trying to stop these two from exploding. It doesn't work.

"Excuse me?! I was his girlfriend! I kissed him the night he died! I know Brynlee's upset, and I feel for her, I really do. But at least she doesn't have to feel like it's her fault!" Reya yells at him.

" BUT SHE DOES! She thinks he died thinking she hated him! You were DRUNK Reya. You were freaking drunk when you kissed him! It didn't mean anything probably! So how about you quit being a bitch and think! This affects EVERYONE Reya! Not just you." Albus tells her. His voice raising.

"Were you listening to a word I said?! I know! It's a hell of a lot worse for Riley and Sam AND Brynlee!!!"

" Yeah it is. But you aren't the only one that's upset. So stop--" Albus gets cut off by Riley slamming open the compartment doors.

" Brynlee says to tell you to SHUT THE HELL UP! She's SICK of it!! " And with that she was gone again.

Reya just sighs and leans against the wall. I stay quiet, don't want to start that again.

Albus just sits there and stares at the floor. " Sorry... " He mumbles.

"Asshole." She says quietly

" Not. " He adds after hearing that.

"Whatever Albus."

The compartment doors swing open again to reveal Brynlee this time. " It's too quiet so I figured either you forgave each other or you are silently arguing. I'm not stupid. So how about you stop acting like immature six year olds. Even though I know that must be hard for you two. " She snaps.