Falling For You

Reya POV

I've just figured out that staring at the ceiling for half an hour is really, really boring. I could go do something with Scorpius.... But he's been really distant lately. I don't even know what to talk about with Brynlee, I'm afraid she'll either start crying or screaming at me... And Ruby, she barely talks to me anymore. And I have to say, it hurts.

I finally decide on going down to the quidditch arena. I didn't have anyone to practice with over the summer so I'm a bit rusty. The air smells of rain, bit the suns still shining, so I mount my broom and shoot upwards into the sky. I thought the quiet of the grounds would help me clear my head, but I only think more about the distance there is between me and my loved ones. The wind whips through the air, sending a shiver down my spine. I wish I would of brought a sweater. Or something to cover up, because right then the clouds burst.

The rain showers down in sheets, but I keep sitting there, in the middle of the air. It was actually kind of nice, the sky wasn't completely dark and the rain was cool but not too cold. And of course since I was comfortable, something just had to change. The sky exploded. Lightning crackled across the sky, startling me. Somehow I flipped over, and I'm hanging off my broom by an arm and a leg. The broom starts to buck, and I'm wishing for someone, anyone to come help me, but I know they won't. They probably won't even wonder where I've gone. The thunder blocks out my screams. I try to flip myself over, but the broom is soaked, and I can't hold on to the slippery wood. I dig my nails into the wood and manage to get my arm wrapped around it. I swing my leg up and finally I'm upright. My hands are holding on to the broom handle for dear life. I start to slowly go back towards the ground, but the brooms not working. It shoots faster than I've even gone before towards the ground. And the last second it rockets back up into the sky.

The wind blows through again, stronger than before and the thin piece of wood is no match. It sends me spiraling towards the black lake. The wind slows, but I'm still not able to get safely to the ground. It shoots straight up towards the sky again, and I can't hold on. I'm a moment, my hands have slipped from the wood. The broom whips around in the air and smacks me in the side of the head. Suddenly, I'm hurtling towards the ground. I feel my body hit the water, and feel myself sinking deeper and deeper. But it feels as though I'm paralyzed. My lungs are screaming for air, and I try to fight to the surface, but it hurts to much. Not being able to stand it anymore, I breathe in a breath of water. Then everything goes black.

Brynlee's POV

I was sitting with Riley on the couch in the common room and she was laying across my lap. She broke my heart. She looked miserable... Seeing my little sister like this, like me, it was sad.

" Where's Matt? " I ask.

" Somewhere with Ruby I guess.. " She says.

" Miss your boyfriend? " I joke lightly. She doesn't even flinch. " You know he's in love with you right? "

" Yes. " She replies softly.

" Why don't you just date the poor boy already? "

" Dunno. "

" Riles... "

" I don't wanna lose him as my best friend I guess. What if we turn into Noah and Ruby? What if I break his heart and he calls me a bitch? " She shakes her head. " Couldn't do it.."

" He would never call you a bitch, Riley. I think that's impossible to him. He loves you. "

" Yeah... "

" Do you love him? "

" Yeah... " She repeats.

" Aww... Talk to him. Let him cheer you up. "