Chapter Six

"So you can't come to my fitting?"

Courtney sighed, "No. I'm at the doctors right now, i've been pretty sick lately. Send me pics of the dress when you put it on!"

"I will, and tell how your appointment with dr daddy goes."

Courtney rolled her eyes, "Yeah yeah."

She hung up the phone and nervously looked around the room, remembering the first time she was here.

Duncan nervously bounced his leg up and down and rubbed his neck.

Courtney tried to remain calm by focusing on all the other women in the room, some with children and some without.

"Mommy, why are we here?"

The blonde, who Courtney assumed was her mother, continued to stare at her phone while her daughter sat beside her.

"Because mommy doesn't want another you."

The little girl looked puzzled for a moment, trying to figure out what her mother meant.

How could a mother talk to her own child like that?

"Blainely Andrews O'Halloran?" The nurse called her name.

The woman stood up and grabbed her daughter's hand, dragging her along.

Courtney sighed and placed her tan hands on her stomach.

How could she be so irresponsible?

To be pregnant when you're only 19, and not even married?

Her face became flushed, and Duncan seemed to notice.

He grabbed her hand, "Hey. Everything's gonna be fine."

Courtney laid her head on his shoulder, "What are we gonna do? We're not even married."

Duncan shrugged, "My parents weren't married when they got pregnant, and they've been together forever now."

Courtney sighed, "If I am, you know, pregnant. You don't have to stay."

She felt herself get choked up.

Just talking about it made her cry.

She understood if he wasn't ready to be a dad. It's not like she was ready to be a mother.

Duncan turned to look at her and had a hurt look on his face, "Don't say that. Of course i'm going to, it doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not, I will always, and I mean always, be there for you. Putting a baby in our lives isn't gonna change that, I promise."

Courtney nodded and laid her head back on his shoulder.

"Courtney Fitzgerald?"

She snapped out of her head and followed the nurse to the room.

"Just wait here, Dr Mahoney should be here soon." The nurse walked out of the room, leaving Courtney to change into the hospital gown.

Once Courtney got dressed she looked around the room, it was covered in diagrams and pictures of uterus's and a chart explaining the stages of pregnancy.

She wasn't an idiot, she knew what was happening to her body.

I mean, it's not like she hasn't been through this before.

She sat on the exam bed and grabbed Duncan's hand.

"Are you nervous?"

He shook his head, "Nah. Babies are babies, there's nothing scary about them. Except for the childbirth part, i'm just glad I don't have a vagina."

Courtney rolled her eyes and let out a small laugh, he always knew how to make her smile even when her world was falling apart.

The doctor walked back into the room.

"Congratulations,"

"Congratulations,"

"You're pregnant."

"You're pregnant."