Part 17

I open my eyes to find myself in a place I don't recognize at first, but I soon recognize it as Dan and Phils place by the couch. I sit up to find a blanket was over top of me. I give off a yawn as I stretch my arms above me. I look over to see my phone on the coffee table, plugged into a charger. I unplug it and turn it on to find that it was 9 in the morning. I must've fallen asleep when we were watching Descendants and I didn't realize it. I sit up and make my way into the kitchen where I find Phi making some tea.

"Morning Phil," I said as I sit down on the counter.

"Morning Tori, how was your sleep?" he asked, not even looking up from the mug.

"Pretty good, although I should be going home soon," I said as I started kicking my legs back and forth, making a slight banging noise every time I accidentally hit the side of the counter.

"Yeah, but why don't you stay for tea or coffee, which ever you prefer," Phil said with a shrug. I give off a smile.

"I would like cheerios so unless you have those I'll be on my way," I said and Phil looked up from his tea he finished making.

"We have them, but their not mine so you're going to have to ask a sleeping Dan," Phil said before taking a small sip on his tea, only to flinch away from it since it was still hot. I laugh loudly at his actions while he just pouts.

"What's going on in here and why do you have to be so loud?" a tired Dan says as he walks in in pajama pants and a black shirt.

"She was laughing at me burning my tongue," Phil complained making Dan laugh.

"Again," is all he said making Phil pout again.

"Dan, can I have a bowl of cheerios?" I ask.

"Sure," he said as he grabbed them out of a cupboard and made me a bowl of cheerios before handing it to me.

"Thanks," I said slightly cheerily before stuffing my face with my favorite cereal of all time. They laughed at my reaction as I slightly glared at them. We continued to talk about random stuff as I finished eating.

"Thanks for letting me stay and all, not like you had a choice since I randomly fell asleep on your couch but still, anyways I should get going," I said as I pushed myself off the counter.

"Do you want one of us to walk with you or," Phil asks trailing off.

"No, no I'll be fine," I said as I pulled my hoodie over my shoulders, zipping it up. I grab my backpack and make my way to the door.

"Alright, but be safe and here, use this if someone, specifically Chad, bothers you," Dan said, giving me a thing of pepper spray.

"Thanks Dan, bye guys," I said before walking out the door. I yawn as I make my way down the couple of stairs and out into the not so busy street. I make my way to the house in a silent manner with my head facing downwards slightly. Nobody bothers me and I don't bother anyone, only stopping when I get to the house. I had stopped at the end of the driveway, staring at the moving van in the neighbors drive-way. There were boxes all around it, but it seemed nobody was bringing them inside yet. I walk inside the house to find Jack still asleep on the couch with a gaming controller in his hands. I grab the controller from him, setting it down on the table before putting a small blanket over him, only for him to grab onto it and cuddle it close to him. I slightly smile.

I head into the kitchen and started baking a batch of cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, so I hope the neighbors aren't allergic to chocolate or anything. As I put the first dozen of cookies in the oven I heard yelling. I looked out the window to see if I could see who was yelling, but all I could see was two men in the neighbors driveway. One was holding a box, in his hands. I couldn't make out what they look like since they were both facing away from me. The other one had his head back, clearly laughing. I step back from the window when I heard movement in the house. I turn around to find a sleepy Jack slowly walking into the room.

"Morning sleepy head," I said as I got him a bowl and his cereal, putting it down on the counter as he sits down on the chair. I turn around and grab the milk for him.

"Morning, thanks," he said as he made his bowl of cereal.

"Well. I'm going to go get changed out of yesterdays clothes, and if the oven dings just holler," I said before leaving the room. I get changed into something nice but comfortable.

 I get changed into something nice but comfortable

"THE OVEN WENT OFF!" Jack yells. I hurry out and grabbed a potholder, using it to take the cookies out.

"Ooo  you made cookies," Jack said sounding really happy.

"Yeah, well most of them are for the new neighbors that are moving in next door," I said swatting his hand from the still burning hot cookies. I then put the other dozen cookies in the oven.

"So how was your day yesterday, since you didn't come home at all till today?" Jack asked, and I could faintly hear his croaky voice again.

"It was, fine," I said with a shrug.

"So what did you do at Dan and Phils?" he asked.

"We watched Descendants two and I fell asleep near the end of it," I said.

"Okay, anyways Mark is coming here later today because his mom is heading out of town for the next couple of days so he is going to be here most of the time," Jack said. I nod my head in understanding.

After a while the oven dings and I take those cookies out. I take out a large plate with blue and black swirly lines on the edges of it. I started putting the cookies neatly on the plate before putting clear wrap over them, leaving a couple of the cookies on the table.

"Now you can have some," I said with a laugh as Jack quickly reaches forward and grabs two cookies from the pile.