Part 22

I am officially the only friend who does not have a date. Mark is with Amy, Mari and Adrien, Dan is with Phil (as friends), and then Jack...and Skylar are together. Dan and Phil were kind enough to give me a ride though since the others have to go pick up the other girls and Dan and Phil do live together. I sigh as I stare at myself in the body-length mirror.

My hair was curled in not so perfect curls, but they looked nice

My hair was curled in not so perfect curls, but they looked nice. I fiddled with my SDMN bracelets that were wrapped around my wrist as nerves flooded throughout my body. I hear a faint knock at the front door signalling that Dan and Phil were here.

"TORI! DAN AND PHIL ARE HERE!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I take a deep breath before taking my small purse from my bed and rush as fast as I can in these heels and dress out my door and to the stairs. I take a sharp intake of air as I start walking down the steps where my mom and friends waited for me at the door. They looked up and I could just see the stars in their eyes like they were in an anime. I smile at them as I make it to the bottom of the stairs.

"You look so beautiful," Mom says with a smile and tears in her eyes.

"Well you can thank Dan for finding the dress while dress shopping," I said with a small laugh.

"Well, as friends we got you something. Ya know how most guys get those wrist flowers for the girls, we kinda got you something as well," Phil said with a smile.

"A new sidemen wristband, provided by the sidemen themselves," Dan added as he lifted up a clear plastic box that contained the light blue wristband on a bedding of shiny golden stars. Now my eyes probably look like anime stars.

"OH MY STARS!" I scream as I lunge at both of them, wrapping my arms around them as I pull them both into a group hug. Everyone laughed as my happiness in delight. I carefully take the box out of Dan hand and open it. I take out the wristband and it was immediately put on my right arm while I switched the yellow one to the left one.

"Well you better get going," Mom says with a smile.
"But before you go, one picture, although I want someone to take a picture of all you and your friends together."

I nod as I stand inbetween Dan and Phil and we pose for a picture. Then we were off. Dan and Phil sat in front while I sat in the back seat. We drive the short drive to school before we head in. Dan and Phil entered first while I paused and looked at the door. It's the end of the year, the first year of this school already. I can't believe it. I hear footsteps and I turned to find Jack and Skylar, talking and not noticing me. My heart swells. They look happy. Before they could see me I walked into the dance, not wanting Jack to worry about me because of my anxiety. He already worried and helped me more than enough since I met him.

The room was filled with people on the dance floor, dancing to new music that I never heard of. Some were sitting at tables and some were just kinda hanging out. I walk over to the food table and grab a cup of juice, hopping no one spiked it. After a couple sips of it tasting like normal punch. I looked around and saw red and green hair over near the tables, so I make my way over to them to find that all the seats were filled, all by my friends.