We'll See

They were already expecting us, as usual. Mickey walks upstairs and I fall onto the couch in between Carl and Lip. I wanted to watch something good but the tv is already playing sports clips.

I sigh and glance around for the remote hoping I can grab it before they notice.

"Looking for this, Y/N?" Lip held up the remote, taunting me. I lunged before he could react. I ripped it from his hand and made a run for it. With Lip behind me, I flung myself over the back of the couch towards the stairs. But I was too late. Carl stood in front of the stairs, blocking my only escape. I whip around looking for a backup plan but I knew I wouldn't make it to the kitchen. Lip was too fast and I would never be able to outrun him. I turned back around toward the stairs and decided to take my chances. Just as I got my feet on the second step, Carl caught me by the waist and rolled his eyes.

"Uggg! Let go, Carl!" I squirmed and tried to push him off but his hands wouldn't budge.

"Then give up the remote," he sighs. I glared at him and tried again to run up the stairs.

"Fine. I tried," Carl sighed. He loosened his grip on my waist making me think I won. I smiled triumphantly, then suddenly his hands tightened on my hips. He jerked me up and threw me over his shoulder making me gasp. He laughed and made his was back to the living room. I hit my fists against his back, trying desperately to get away. With me still over Carl's shoulders, not being able to do anything or get away, Lip grabbed the remote out of my hands and tossed it on the coffee table.

"Did you really think that shit was going to work, Y/N? You've only tried it a hundred times." Lip sneered at me.

"Fuck you!" I yelled, flipping him off while he walked out of the room laughing. "You can put me down now," I hissed at Carl.

He carried me over to the couch and dropped me in the middle, sitting down next to me. I glared at him and went to stand up but Carl wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

He put his lips to my ear and whispered, "You're not mad at me are you, Y/N?" I could feel his breath on my neck and my breathing hitched. I tried to pull away but he gripped me tighter and put his hand on my upper thigh. "You'll go when I say you can, Y/N," he growled.

"You don't control me," I said through gritted teeth. That remark earned me a low chuckle from Carl. The sound made me dizzy.

With his lips still at my ear he grazed my earlobe and whispered, "We'll see." He pulled back and stared into my eyes. A devilish grin grew on his face making my cheeks go hot. My breathing had gotten faster without me noticing and I swallowed hard.

Just like the moment began, it ended quickly and unexpectedly. He pulled away, laughed, and stood up walking casually out of the room leaving me breathless and dazed.

What was happening? He's been one of my best friends since we were little. I've known this boy for years and he's never shown any interest in me. For as long as I remember, I've been telling Carl how much I liked him, that I wanted to be with him. But it all stopped a few years ago when he told me that he would never look at me like that, that he only saw me as a sister. It broke my heart but settled for being just friends.

After recovering for a few moments I decided that two could play at this game. I could tease and taunt just as well as he could, maybe even better. I grabbed the remote and thought about how I was going to get him back.