Self-Harm

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys. I've bed really busy and I was trying to figure out a topic I could elaborate on. Unfortunately I got some inspiration not too long ago for this chapter. It is entitled:

Self Harm

Individuals start self-harming themselves to escape the pain of (a) traumatic event(s) that has happened in their life.

Unfortunately most people don't know that the individual is self harming and if they do know and try to stop it, occasionally, it makes the issue at hand worst.

Self Harm can be anywhere from "cutting" him/herself to doing drugs or drinking alcohol (to a certain extent).

Cutting:

Cutting is when the individual uses some type of sharp object to hurt themselves. Most individuals do it on their wrists because that is where a major blood flow is. They feel that by cutting themselves, they can escape the pain that the are feeling. If it is done constantly and harshly it could result in death also known as suicide.

Drugs and Alcohol:

When I listed drugs and alcohol under self harm I did not mean that if you are drinking alcohol or taking medications/drugs that you are self harming yourself. If alcohol and drugs are used for certain purposes to an extent it can be labeled as self harm.

Alcohol, when a certain amount is consumed, (amounts are different for each person) it can make a person "drunk". When a large amount of alcohol is repetitively consumed it can start to cause health issues. Being drunk can be used to escape the pain as previously stated above; therefore it is listed under self harm.

Drugs mostly have the same broad effect on the individual as alcohol. Once you do it once, you find yourself coming back to it more and more. Most people discover drugs from their peers, friends, and even possibly there family.

The main solution is don't do it in the first place. If you are self harming get help. Trust me, the world would not be better without you. Just think about it. You could grow up and be a significant person in the world. Most people who have become "famous" never had it even listed as a possibility (when they were younger) that they would be the next big star. That next big star can be you if you make the right choices.

Vote Comment Like Follow Laugh Enjoy Learn

Thx for all the support <3

~KinsieStar1