Butterfly Kisses xx

Butterfly Kisses

Chapter 2

*Two weeks later*

~~~Nixon’s POV~~~

I sat in the tree and watched, watched the stupid little fairies go about their lives. Father had said this was the most important job he could give me, has he ever thought that making me Alpha would be the most important job he could give me? No! A low growl rumbled in the back of my thought, my claws digging into the tree. My tail lashed about hitting the branches, I froze. The small boy was looking directly at me and reached out to tug at the dress of the girl he was with, it was the dark haired girl. She turned and the boy pointed a small finger towards the tree where I was hidden. I shrunk back into the body of the tree, thanking the lord for gracing me with brown fur. She squinted at the tree, the boy’s mouth was working overtime, asking questions and not giving her time to answer. I strained to hear all he said, but his fast words escaped my hearing. She looked away. I almost sighed in relief, but the word that came out of her mouth echoed in my head “Guards!” they had guards and I didn’t even know about them? How could I have missed that? I quietly climbed out of the tree and sped home.

~~~Layla’s POV~~~

“Guards!” I was worried, if what Theo said was right then we had a wolf on our land, and very close to the flight, too close.

“Layla, you called?” It was Jake, Liams friend. The concern in his eyes became evident when he noticed that I was alone with Theo on the edge of the houses “What’s the matter? Are you alright? Why don’t you have a guard with you?”

“Theo’s seen a wolf.” His reaction was immediate, Theo and I were suddenly behind him and he had his sword out, his eyes scanning the area. His hand shot up his back and pressed the base of his shoulder blades. I felt him feeling around with his mind, searching for the other warriors. When he found them the message was loud and clear: “Wolf.”

            The whole village suddenly burst into life and warriors ran towards us, weapons at the ready. Liam was at my side asking me where the beast was, I lifted a finger and pointed towards the tree. Theo clung to my legs whimpering, I lifted him into my arms and he buried his head in my shoulder. The men made a protective circle around us. They slowly moved backwards, allowing me to run to the nearest house and hide there. Once we were out of the way the search began. It didn’t finish until all of our land had been checked. It was the next day before we were allowed out of the houses, even then we had to be with a guard at all times.

            Anthea, she was pregnant, and because of that was always with at least two guards. She never liked being looked after; she was a wild one, always pushing the rules. And it was her love for rule breaking that made her go out alone that night. Her guards thought she was in the toilet and stood a respectable distance from the loos. She crept out into the woods that surrounded out little village. The woods were dangerous for one reason only: wolves.

><><>< 

Hey! hope you all enjoyed this, sorry it was really short, but I had to end it there… Sorry I haven’t uploaded in a VERY long time… I have no valid excuse, sorry!

This chapter is NOT EDITED so apologies for any mistakes!

Remember:

COMMENT: good or bad

VOTE: How else do I know if this is a keeper or not?

Ok so See Yas!

Harold

x