39

Devin pov

Devin pov

I hold on to Jake's stiff and still hand. "So today, I went to go grocery shopping, Hannah ate all the food," I chuckle. "I hope you can hear me." I say softly. "Alexander is three months old now.... he still has your eyes," I say. "Chance is fine. The boys are fine." I continue. But Jake isn't fine.

"Kaylee is still loose around," I grit my teeth in anger. "Jake.... please give some sort of signal... a sign that you're still here listening," tears start to form. "Please?" Nothing. Jake's pale face isn't glowing anymore it's dull, his eyelids are hugging overs his once lit ocean eyes.... he used to listen to me. But now.... I don't know if he ever will again.

I bite my lip and tears fill my eyes. Jake still lays still as more tears escape my eyes. Please don't leave me Jake..... please don't leave Alexander.

~•~•~

"Now regarding since he has a child, and if he does not wake up-" my dad starts, exchanging his eye to mine ready for my cut in. "He will," I say sternly. "Um, anyways, we have to take a look at his will," my dad continues. I nod silently biting the sides of my cheeks in my mouth, like I'm about to contour.

"He made one for one of his vlogs as a prank, but he actually did," Chance says rubbing the back of his neck. It's been a month now that Jake has been in a coma. Chance didn't get out of the hospital until two weeks ago.

We found the will on the Word document on Jake's computer. My eyes fill with tears and Chance wraps his arm around me and holds me tight. Gosh this brings back so many memories when Chance would hug me to comfort me and make it all feel better.

But right now, I hate to say it, but it's making me feel worse and guilty.

"I think either you or Chance should take a peek at it," my dad says. Chance and I nod in unison. Alexander is in Hannah's arms playing with his sock monkey, smiling a toothless smile and Hannah is cooing at him, her green eyes lit with amusement. The sight warms my heart.

Chance skims over the will and his mouth slightly drops. I decided not to read it, Chance would be better off reading since he's Jake's best friend and he's known Jake longer anyways.

"Hey Dev, um can I talk to you, alone?" Chance asks me. "Of course." I say and we walk into my room. "Jake said he'd leave me in charge," Chance says with sympathetic eyes. "W-what do you mean?" I ask. "That I'd take care of his family," he continues. And it instantly clicked.

If Jake left this world he would want Chance to take care of Alexander with me.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)
also follow me for notifications of when I post something on my message board which is full of announcements.
Tysm for 500 votes that's half way to 1k and like dude that's a lot..... well at least to me. I read all of your comments, whether they're good or bad,
Altho sometimes I don't answer someone's comment, maybe because it's been said before and I don't want to type up the same reply as last time because to me it feels like idc, but I care about every single comment I get, so usually what I'll do is follow the person to let them know I noticed them :)
#Jevin or #Chevin??
ily!
~~t nikki s~~
THIS IS NOT THE END
oh & I won't be active for the next two days because I'm going out of town,k bye ily