40

Devin pov

Devin pov

Wow. It's been two months and a lot has happened. Jake still hasn't woken up, which I am so depressed about, Alexander said his first word, 'no!' My parents went back to Ohio. Hannah got engaged to that guy Connor, and me? Eh not much about me.

I rock Alexander in my cradled arms. He smiles his smile filled with one single white tooth. I'm so sad Jake didn't get to hear Alexander's first words. My smile turns into a frown.

Thoughts have been haunting me since two months ago when Chance said that Jake would leave his family to Chance as captain. Is there a chance (a/n no pun intended) that Chance and I would raise Alexander together...?

Shivers go down my spine. "Are you ready to go to the hospital?" Hannah walks in my room. "Yeah, I think so," I say setting Alexander in his light blue crib and gulp dryly.

Hannah looks at me and encloses me in her arms. "Devin, you are so freaking strong," she says. I hug her back. "You are too" I say to her. "Don't worry, everything will be fine." Hannah says soothingly.

We walk out of the room and Stevie waves to us bye as we get in the car.

"Hannah, I need some advice," I say tapping my knees with my fingers. "What's up?" She asks and her green eyes keep on the road giving me some sideway glances. "Chance," I sigh. 'Oh,' she mouths.

"Do you think.... that Chance and I should get back together?" I ask biting my lip. "Would it be better for A-Alexander...?" I ask. She does a plop noise with her mouth. "Do you want to get back together with Chance? What about Jake?" She asks. "I don't know.... if Jake wakes up.... I don't think that me and him are getting back together, but if he doesn't wake up...." I say.

But the last words really stabbed me in the heart. 'Doesn't wake up.' God, please, let Jake wake up. I plead once again.

There is a possibility jake won't wake up.... as much as I hate thinking about that, it's the truth. "But if he doesn't wake up.... Chance said he would help me with Alexander even before Alexander was born." I say thinking back on that memory. Wow. It's been over half a year since that talk before Jake knew I was pregnant.

"Would you want to be a single mom? I mean you have us, Stevie, me, Alexandria...." hannah says. I tap my finger on the car door. "I would want Alexander to have father figure...." I admit.

My breath hitches. "Chance probably wouldn't want me anymore anyways, let's just go to the hospital." I say, a little bit more rudely than I intended.

"Don't forget I'm always here for you" hannah gives me a weak smile. I return her smile with my own.

But my smiles nowadays are being forced by my sadness.

Dedicated to all you #Chevin shippers :) if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote & comment! Tysm for 46k sorry it took me a little bit longer to publish, I had a bit of a writer's block. But I hope you enjoyed anyways :)