34

Alexis Ren plays as Alexandria :) unedited

Devin

No way. No way. No. I'm just imaging things. My sister is not just standing there looking at me. No way. Holy shit.

I slowly let go of my dad and my heart drops down to my toes. My dad is still facing me, he doesn't see Alex. I'm just imaging things, but why is Alex still there then? I start to walk slowly to Alex.

"Alex!" My mom shouts as she hands Alexander back to Jake. Everyone turns around in shock. I sprint over to Alex. "A-Alex." I stutter. "Hello Devin." She says. She's actually standing right there... I haven't seen her since I was fifteen and that was almost six years ago. My mom runs over to Alex and instantly wraps her arms around my sister. It's like everything is in slow motion. Hannah looks from my mom, alex, and back to me with her wide green eyes. Chance looks so confused. I mean of course, he doesn't know about Alex.

"Alex are you okay?" My mom says through her gasps and tears. "Yes, I'm okay." Alex says blankly. "I decided to come to see my nephew... my family." Alex says and I just stand there frozen. What just happened? Am I dreaming? I pinch myself. Nope, this is reality. "Alex...." I say as tears come down my cheeks. She comes over to me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry." She says. She lifts her head up to look at everyone.

"I'm so sorry.... I'm so fucking sorry that I've been gone for five fucking years. I wasn't in the right mindset... I want to reunite with you guys." She says in a raspy tone. She looks so thin, and fragile. Alex has never been fragile. She's always been so strong, but now that she's standing here she looks so weak and vulnerable.

~•~•~

"And I only stayed with Eric because I had become addicted to the drug he was giving me. I ran away with him.... he abused me, but I stayed with him because I was addicted to what he was giving me.... just two years after I ran away, I became pregnant with Eric's baby. It was a miscarriage though..." Alex wipes the tear that fell from her eye. We're all here at my apartment and Alex is telling where she's been the last five years.

"Now I'm almost twenty two.... I want to spend my birthday with my family. That is, if you want to." Alex says. "Of course we want to, princess." My dad says as she soaks his shirt with her tears. "Eric is in jail." She says. "That's the only way I got out of his grip. He wouldn't let me go. He would barely let me out of the house we were staying at. He was so possessive and abusive. But I didn't realize that until it was too late..." she cries some more.

It felt so weird. Seeing my sister right in front of me. Johnny has barely spoke this whole time.

"Alex, meet Alex." I say as I hand over Alexander to Alexandria. "No!" She cries. "I named him after you." I say softly. "I don't deserve this... thank you Devin." She says as she holds the baby in her arms. I smile. Maybe this family will work out.