Chapter 10: Thoughts

Raegan's POV
I'm holding his hand and they put an IV in his arm. At this point, I'm balling my eyes out. They hook him up to a machine and put a breathing mask over his face. I'm terrified. I'm suddenly pulled out my thoughts by the paramedic.
"Raegan?"
"Uh. Yes?"
"Everything will be okay. Let me fix your forehead" he smiles
"Oh. Right. I forgot I'm bleeding"
He cleans my cut and puts a band-aid on it. I'm still crying. I hope he doesn't hear me crying. He hates it when I cry. I immediately stop crying and try to smile. I look at my poor little Jay lying there. He's still cute.
"Baby. I need you to wake up. Try okay? I love you so much."

Justin's POV
I can hear someone talking to me. It sounds like Raegan. His voice is shaky. He's squeezing my hand. I want to squeeze back to let him know I will be okay. I can't do anything though. I feel so weak.

Raegan's POV
We're at the hospital. They rush him to a room. I'm practically running to stay caught up with them. We get to the point where I can't go past. I call Justin's dad in tears.
"Hello?"
"Hey David..." I trail off
"What's wrong? Are you crying?"
"We got in an accident. We're at the hospital and Justin is in a room. They wouldn't let me back. I need you here"
"I'm on my way. Stay there. I'll be there in 5 minutes"
He hangs up.
A few minutes later, he flies through the doors and hugs me.
"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault" I say crying even harder than before
"Raegan look at me" I look in his eyes "this isn't your fault. Okay? Everything will be alright. Justin is a fighter. He will be alright"
"Okay..." I hug him again and we sit down in the waiting room
Time skip to two hours later
I'm sitting here just staring at my lap.
"DAVID BLAKE?" I look up and Justin's dad stands up and motions for me to come with him
We walk up to the nurse
"Sir, as you know, Justin was in a car crash. They were hit head on by a car. Justin hit his head really hard on something which has caused him to go into a coma. We don't know when he will wake up"
I feel David grab my hand and I look at the ground. This is all my fault. It's my fault Justin is like this.
"Can we see him" I blurt out.
"Yes you can. Follow me and I'll direct you to his room"
We follow the lady and she opens the door. My little Jay was connected to so many machines. Ugh. Why him? Why not me? I walk up to him and touch his arm.

Word count: 482

Who else is freaking out? I cried while writing this 😂 it's so sad. I may or may not update later today. Peace.
Author out