Chapter 13: Farthing We Go

I took a trip down memory lane once we arrived at our campsite we used that one fateful night.
Me and Tammy got out of the car and waited at the edge of the forest.
"Where's the town?" Tammy looked at me.
"I don't remember but Nash probably got here before us so look for footprints."

Tammy got on her knees and scratched the ground while I walked around the clearing.
"Found a trail" Tammy hollered.
I looked to where she was pointing and found that the footprints lead deep into the forest.
"Good looking babe now let's go see if Nash is still alive."

The forest seemed to open it's blockades to us like it was was expecting visitors.The tree parted to shine a slit of orange light into our eyes.
"Flare that lights not natural....it looks like a flame" Tammy gasped deeply.

"I wonder if history is repeating itself or if we'll find some other source of the light" I said aloud.
The light grew brighter the closer we got and intense heat burning our retinas.

I held Tammy close to me and she buried her face in my chest.I shut my eyes and stretched out my arm to feel my way around.My feet hit an erupted tree root and I fell to the ground with Tammy landing on top of me.

I pushed myself off the ground and witnessed the horror that caused the blinding light.