Chapter 10: Taken To Lightly

I was visited in my hospital room by a police officer and he told me I had received only minor concussions and that the doctors said you could go.

"What about Tammy?" I wondered.
".....sir you'll want to see for yourself....bring her in"
A nurse wheeled Tammy in on a wheelchair and what Tammy carried in her arms almost made me become paralyzed.

Tammy had a little baby cradled in her arms.I had to admit I wasn't happy but from the relieved look on Tammy's face she wasn't willing to hear what I got to say.

"How in the hell!" I blurted out.
The doctors glared at me and Tammy rolled her eyes.
"I mean how did....is this baby ours?"
"Yes sir it's alive and healthy" The nurse said.
"But we had unprotected sex like two days ago."

"Your wife told us the same thing young man but our womb test show that this child was inside her for nine months on the dot" The nurse explained.
"Wife?Tammy?" I asked wanting an explanation.
"I don't know how Flare I guess we might've have sex earlier in our relationship then we just forget about the baby."

"But-" I stuttered.
"We'll talk back at home" Tammy growled at me.
"Congratulations on giving birth to your beautiful little boy Mr and Mrs...." The nurse awaited my reply.
"Logan" I said.
"I've prepared the birth certificate and everything is filled out now all I need is the baby's name?"

I raked my brain for a name to call my supposed soon but then an officer walked into my room and told the doctors to leave us in peace.

Once the snooty staff were all gone and it was just me, Tammy, and the officer we started to talk.
"So good job on having your son but this time is not to be celebrated."
"What happened?" Tammy's eyes grew wide.

"You both are fully healed and can leave but I'm going to escort you guys home.We toke it upon ourselves to move Tammy's car from your guys house over here just for safety purposes.Anyways,Szander was found dead and with investigation of the hotel we found Ophelia's body underneath her desk."

"So?" I wanted to get to the point.
"Szander left numerous scribblings on the walls of the managers office and she wrote that there was a town in the woods where evil was laid to rest."
"Oh my God!" Tammy whispered.
"Is there something wrong Mrs.Logan?"
"No not at all I'm just so happy we survived to see our baby get born."

"But the real evidence we found was Szander recently toke a trip to the so called town and she came back here sick and afraid" The officer continued.

"She was just probably an insane bitch who was naive now if you don't mind officer I'd like to go home" I said sternly and jumped out of the bed.

I helped Tammy out the door and pushed her wheelchair down the hall faster then the officer could follow us.
"What are you doing?" Tammy asked.
"We'll talk later our lives are at stake."