Chapter 5

*2 months later*

I've spent almost every night at the Troubadour since that one day, I've taken pictures of the Eagles and other musicians. Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge have turned into pretty good friends, along with so many other musicians. Tonight we were there just to hear the music, however we could still hang out backstage if we wanted to.

I was talking to Randy when I heard Glenn call my name. I waved my hand in the air, "Here!" He walked up to me with a huge grin on his face and a man with hair down to the bottom of his neck. "Seraphina, I want you to meet my friend Jackson Browne."

I smiled, "Hi, I'm Seraphina Tate." I extended my hand. He shook my hand, "Nice to meet you, you're quite a songwriter." I blushed, "Oh thanks, so are you."

Jackson shook his head, "Nah, I'm still working on it." I started to say something else when Glenn interrupted, "Jackson is gonna perform tonight so I don't think he's as bad as he likes to say." Jackson looked down at his feet, "Thanks guys." Glenn put his arm around his shoulders, "Also opening up for Kristofferson I may add."

"Get the fuck out?!" I jumped out of my seat. "That got her attention." Randy said with a chuckle. I looked at Glenn, "You better not be joking." Glenn put his hands up in defense, "I'm not!"

Jackson laughed, "I'm about to go on any moment, I'll see you guys later." He stepped away to go up the steps to the stage. I playfully hit Glenn in the arm, "Why didn't you tell me? I've never seen Kristofferson live!"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Well I wanted it to be a surprise, but I folded." I did the unexpected, running up and hugging Glenn. He seemed just as surprised as I was, I quickly walked off to the other side of the room leaving a blushing Glenn.

~

"Now give a warm welcome to Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge!" The person on stage announced. The whole room cheered as the couple walked on stage holding hands. Rita with her long dark hair in pig tails and Kris with his guitar around his neck.

"Hello there everyone." Kris said into the microphone, the large crowd cheered. I couldn't believe I was watching this legend live. Not from tv but in person, I bounced up and down as he started to play the first song.

~

After an hour it came to the end of the show. Kris walked up to the microphone, flashing a smile. "This is the last song for the night, this is for a little lady in the crowd tonight named Seraphina. Your buddy Glenn asked for this one, sweetheart. This is called, Sunday Mornin Comin' Down."

I gasped turning around to look at Glenn, "That's my favorite." I whispered. Glenn smiled smugly, "I know, you told me." I looked down at my feet with a smile on my lips, I looked up when he tapped me on my shoulder. "Wanna dance Seraphina?" I nodded, putting my hand in his as he led me to the middle of the room. I put my hand on his shoulder and he put his hand on my waist. I held his other hand as we swayed to the song, in the middle of the smokey Troubadour. There we so many people yet it felt like we were the only two in the room. I closed my eyes while I rested my head on his shoulder and took it all in.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk, I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned. 'Cause there's something in a Sunday that makes a body feel alone. And there's nothing short a' dying that's half as lonesome as the sound of the sleeping city sidewalk and Sunday morning coming down.

A/N: Short but sweet, I'm trying to update this regularly hopefully I keep doing that. I haven't written anything for this in 2 days it feels weird haha. Anywho! I hope you guys like this! ❤