"Just Hold On"

▸"Just Hold On"◂
-Riarkle-
»»------(¯' Angst '¯)------»»
-------------------------------------------------------

The darkness of my room consumed me as I thought about my recent development of feelings.

The other day I realized I had feelings for my beautiful best friend, Riley.

But, she is dating my other best friend Lucas.

I need her to be mine, but I don't want to hurt either one of them.

As I sat on my bed a light bulb clicked in my brain.

I sat up, put on my Pluto hoodie and converse, and sneakily made my way out of the house.

Despite it being very late, New York was beautiful.

I personally thought that it looked better at night anyways.

As I walked I observed my surroundings, but kept focused on my desired destination.

The house of the girl I also liked for a while.

The house of the girl going through the same thing as me.

The house of the fiercest Amazon Warrior out there.

The house of the one and only, Maya Hart.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was late but I still assumed she was awake. She had always been a night owl.

I creeped up to her window and peeped through, just checking my hypothesis.

I was right.

There she was, the blonde beauty sitting on her desk sketching what I could make out as a door.

A door to where?

I don't even think she knows.

Anyways, I knocked on the window and she jumped in surprise. Her face settled after she realized it was me.

"What are you doing here Farkle, it's 2:46 AM!"

She whisper-yelled at me.

"Listen, I couldn't sleep. I just needed you to help me with something."

I pleaded.

"This better be good Minkus, because if not I'm going to make you regret this tomorrow."

She threatened.

I thanked her and started to explain.

"Listen, I know this is a touchy subject with you but I was hoping you could just hear me out."

She nodded signaling for me to continue.

"I'm just stuck in a situation I think you could relate to."

"I like a someone but I can't have them because they are dating my best friend and I don't want to hurt either of them. Sound familiar?"

She sighed, then nodded.

"I just don't understand why love and feelings are so hard! I mean, I'm supposed to be a genius. Geniuses know everything!"

She grabbed both my shoulders making me look at her.

"Look Farkle. If this is about me coping with my feelings for Lucas you can stop. I already know that it's not going t-"

I cut her off.

"No. I am actually in this situation. I-I *sigh* I like Riley."

She let go of my shoulders and gasped slightly.

"What?"

She said still shocked.

"You heard me. I like Riley Eleanor Matthews."

I replied smirking a bit.

"Well here is my advice to you. Just stay put. If you and Riley, and me and Lucas are meant to be we will drift towards each other on our own. We can't control our feelings, Farkle. No one can. Just Hold on Minkus, Just hold on."

She said while hugging me.

I sighed letting her slightly weep into my hoodie.

"I will Maya, I will."