Chapter Eight

Alia's POV

I wake up the next morning and I get ready as soon as possible.

I have a warm bath after breakfast, change into my outfit and do my make up and hair.

Then, there's a knock on my door

Then, there's a knock on my door. I open it and see Varun.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yep." I say and link arms with him.

"So where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, you tell me! Pick the best place to have a nice coffee and cake." I say.

"I know just the place."

He takes me inside a beautiful floral cafe.

"Wow this place is nice!" I say.

"I knew you'd like it. So what do you work as Alia?"

"Well I just finished studying medicine. So I'm hoping to become a paediatrician. But for now I'm working part time as a receptionist to earn money. What do you work as?"

"Well for now I work as an engineer. But Sidharth Bhaiya's trying to push me towards working in the family business."

"What is the family business?"

"Well it's... we're the owners of this big retailer company. We manage the factories and the deals with other stores. But I don't know if I want to. I mean all you do is work. Sidharth Bhaiya used to be really cheerful and all but now all he does is work and work."

"Maybe someone will change that." I say.

"Maybe." He says as our food arrives.

Shraddha's POV

I wake up and for once I feel happy. My mother is still alive! I just don't know how to tell my dad. Suddenly my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Have you forgotten about your older one?"

"Papa! Of course not." I say.

"So. It's been a week now. How's London?" Dad says.

"It's been... great." Yeah we found our dead mother after sixteen years!

"Oh that's fun. You know me and Kat were thinking of visiting you sometime. Maybe stay over for a few days."