Welcome to Our Future

Alejandra's POV

(A month after the war)

   The war did a lot to us, but mostly brought us together like glue. Aaliyah and Roque began dating shortly after we dropped in San Francisco, but I mean the whole world saw that about to happen. Roque was shot almost three months into the war, blowing off his lower leg. 

   A few months later Adrian was shot, but the war seemed to be dying down, so Papa finally called our elite team home. We met up there with Roque and Aaliyah, who had been sent home with Roque. 

   Our baby girl Analis was now five years old, and the fiercest little five year old I had ever met. I know her real parents would be extremely proud of her if they were alive. 

  But the war was over, and it was back to our somewhat normal reality of being mafia royalty. It was hard for Adrian and I to make the switch from being soldiers to being leaders but it was finally time. My father had chosen me as his heiress and I was now eighteen, so it was time for me to take control of the family business. 

"Adrian", I called lacing the straps on my golden ceremony dress. 

He popped his head in the room with Analis, both of their faces covered in whipped cream. 

"Hi" he said shyly. 

I laughed and threw a brush at him.

"Baby, please go get her ready we only have like twenty five minutes, dios mio."

Adrian was coming with me to present our daughter, but since he wasn't married to me he was irrelevant, or so I thought.

Adrian's POV

Alejandra thought today was irrelevant, but for me it was the most important day of my life. I was about to watch my girlfriend be crowned the queen of the most powerful mafia in the continent, and my daughter was to be crowned the princess. 

But this wasn't the only reason it was the most important day in my life. I was going to ask my queen to marry me.  

I laughed at my daughter licking the whipped cream off of her face and grabbed the washcloth to wipe it off. 

I put her in her coronation dress and clasped her golden necklace around her neck. The necklace had a tracker in it just because the Lorenzo clan still had stragglers  who were out to get us. 

(At the Ceremony)

"And now I will crown my daughter the Queen of our territory" Frank Ghadi said as he placed the four pound tiara on Alejandra's head.

"Thank you my people." She gushed, "I will now present to you my daughter Analis Blancaje."

"Tus princesa" I said.

She fastened the clasp on Analis's tiara and presented her to the people. Now was the appropriate time for people in the audience to ask questions. 

So one man raised his hand, "Why is the son of the crown general here?" he asked, referring to me.

Here was my one chance, to ask the love of my life to marry me. 

"Mi reina, te casaras conmigo?"

The entire audience fell silent.

She turned her head toward me almost in shock. 

My daughter pulled the necklace out of her shirt to reveal a ring. 

"Si, Adrian of course."

I turned to the crowd with a wide smile on my face as Alejandra introduce me to the crowd as her fiance and made a joke about the wedding day. 

We soon exited stage and my new father-in-law Frank Ghadi welcomed me with a big hug. 

"I always knew it would be you two against the world mijo"  he said with a smile. 

I walked the red carpet for the last time that day with my new wife to be, her nails digging into my hands the entire time, and entered the orange Lamborgini her father had bought me when we returned home from the war. 

"Did you do that to protect me?" She asked quizzically upon realising that Analis was asleep. 

"No, mi amor, I promise."

"Papa always said.."

"I did it because I love you." I said signalling the end of the conversation.  

She turned her head quizzically to the window and stared out for a moment. 

"Amor, you do realize you will become king, no?" she asked me. 

King was a huge responsibility in our community. Becoming king meant so much more than simply parading around royals like the British used to do back in the days of countries. It meant that I would have a large target on my back and that I would constantly be looking out for the best interest of my team. Not to mention filling the shoes of a legend such as Alejandra's dad, Frank Ghadi. 

"Es un responsibilidad estoy despuesto a tomar, mi reina."

____________________________________________________________________________

So guys, it's been almost two years and let me just start by saying how incredibly sorry I am for not updating. Like for real I apologize you have authorization to kill meh. 

Secondly, the last time I logged on I had like 1k reads...what the heck. We're at 4k now and I am so so so proud and grateful for each and every one of you amazing humans. 

Third..our book is coming to a close very soon. This is part 13 of 15. But there will be a sequel so look forward to that. It might be a large time jump so just mentally prepare yourself for that.

And finally - this is the only account that I am reactivating as of right now. If you follow my other account  @lovinjiley I am very sorry to say that the continuation of those books might not come until summer of 2019. 

Thank you all!

You know the drill:

Insta - tay.813

Twitter - lovinjailey

Snap - message me ;)