Chapter 16

The next morning I awoke to see Tyson walking out of the house with the rest of the guys and his luggage. Gabe had already gone to the airport so he wasn’t there. Tyson put his bags into the back of his car and before I could think I was running down the stairs. I ran out the front door and to Tyson. I wrapped my arms around his neck keeping him in a hug. “I’m so sorry. I was an asshole and I don’t deserve to be forgiven but I’m sorry. ” He breathed into my neck. His hands were wrapped around my waist and picked me up a little bit.

                “I forgive you and I’m sorry too.” I responded. We held each other for about a minute before he had to leave me. He got into his car and drove away with the others. I walked back inside and called Gabe.

“Hey Max, what’s up?”

“Not much. You went to the airport so early you missed Tyson and I make up.”

“That’s great! We can finally go on a double date!”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I’ve got to go; I’ll call you when we land.”

“K bye.” I responded hanging up the phone.

                Four days later I was at my game against the Hollywood Howlers. It wouldn’t be long until our team went on a road trip. I was sitting on the bench with Alexis and we were talking. “So explain, who do you like? Tyson or Gabe?” She inquired. “I honestly don’t know. They both are great guys and mean a lot to me.”  I answered. “Okay girls, on the ice.” Coach interrupted. We nodded and got out for a line change.

                They game wasn’t as hard as the one against the Falcons but we were exhausted by the end. We were happy to win the game 4-2. We went back to the locker room and changed. Coach entered the room when all of the girls were dressed and putting their gear away. “Maxine, no goals today… I want you to practice more and work harder.” Coach explained. “She got two assists.” Alexis stated. “It doesn’t matter; she needs more work on shooting.” He responded. I nodded and finished getting my stuff together.

                It was around three in the morning when I awoke to someone jumping onto my bed. I moaned and covered myself more with the blankets. “We’re back!” Tyson nearly shouted into my ear. “That’s great. But can I please get more sleep? I need to train tomorrow… Or today… Or whatever.” I responded. Tyson laughed and got under the covers with me. “Gabe is at his house and I decided to come by and say hi.” Tyson explained.  “If you are going to be here just go to sleep.” I begged.

                It was about eight o’clock when I woke up again and I turned over to be greeted by Tyson. “I’m happy we’re friends again.” He told me softly. “Me too.” I laughed sitting up. “So how was your game?” He inquired.

“We won 4-2. You?”

“We won every game for the road trip!”

“Awesome.”

“Totally, did you score?”

“No, you?”

“Two OT winners!”

                I gave him a smile and got out of bed. We walked down to the breakfast table where Roy greeted me with a hug. “Hey Patty, can I practice with you guys these next few days? My coach says I need to work more on shooting.” I explained. “Sure.” He replied.