Chapter 17

I was at practice the next day and saw Gabe for the first time. We hugged and kissed before going out onto the ice. The guys went easy on me before I ordered them not to. It was a challenging experience but worth it. We laughed and joked around until Roy told us to be serious. Whenever he told us to be serious, everyone started laughing harder.

                Tyson picked me up and slung me over his shoulder. I screamed and laughed as he skated around the rink. He finally put me down and we had to scrimmage. I was center against Nathan. “Give me someone who has a chance at beating me!” I teased. “Your right, I shouldn’t be put up against the next Wayne Gretzky.” He joked in return.

                The practice was over and I hadn’t changed. I was still on the rink shoveling the ice before the Chargers practice started. I was sweaty and somewhat tired but not much. Alexis came out onto the ice with me and we started shooting pucks. Gabe came out to introduce himself. “Alexis, this is my boyfriend, Gabe.” I said. They shook hands and I noticed Gabe blushing at her.

                They smiled at each other, both faces were red. I heard Roy calling my name and I skated to the entrance to the rink and met him. “I’m heading off. Do you want me to come pick you up when practice is over or do you have a ride?” He inquired. “I’ll call you when we’re stepping off the ice ‘cause I have no idea.” I answered. He nodded and left.

                I went back to Alexis and Gabe who were getting along very well. I knew that they found each other attractive and they seemed to be flirting with each other. The other girls came out onto the ice and Gabe left. He didn’t kiss me goodbye but only said that he’d see me later. I sighed and skated my two laps around the rink.

                Alexis came over to spend the night and she and Gabe were getting along very well. This was the most he’s been around the past few days. “You okay?” Tyson questioned as I got a glass of water. “Fine.” I sighed.

“I know you better than that.”

“I’m great… Really… Just I don’t know… I think that Gabe and Alexis like each other.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“They are flirting with each other.”

“It can’t be anything serious.”

“I don’t know… Landy seems so distant from me lately, this is the first time he’s really stuck around more than an hour.”

“Are you jealous?”

“No!”

“Max…”

“Maybe a little bit.”

                He grabbed my shoulder and squeezed lightly before walking to his girlfriend. I went and sat next to Gabe and he put his arm around me. But I noticed he was really close to Alexis… He was closer to her than he was to me. I usually wouldn’t mind that but throughout the movie we were watching they got closer and closer.

                We finally turned on Insidious and Gabe and Alexis were huddled together as soon as the movie started. Tyson moved closer to me and farther away from his girlfriend within the first five minutes of the movie. His girlfriend got closer to him the closer he got to me. There was still a small gap in between Tyson and I but there was none with Gabe and Alexis. They were practically sitting on each other.