Chapter 1

Claire's pov

It was finally that time of the month which meant another night of performing. My band, The Hunted, wasn't very well known but we booked a gig at a bar called Tootsie's where they let us play one Friday every month.

Matt, Jack, Alyssa, and I were rehearsing a few hours before we had to leave. We always used Matt's studio since it was big enough to fit everyone. We practiced a few songs that we knew someone would request eventually in their drunken state and a few songs we had been working on ourselves.

We all got ready for that night after our hour rehearsal. I decided to wear my black tank top, dark blue skinny jeans, and purple converse high-tops. Next, I put my hair up into a high ponytail and curled my bangs so they stayed off to the side. Then, I put on mascara and tied my purple and black plaid shirt around my waist. Pleased with my look, I walked out to Matt's kitchen to wait for everyone else to come out.

Soon, one by one, my friends appeared.

We grabbed our instruments and left, ready for another gig at our favorite bar.

~ 20 minutes later ~

We pulled into Tootsie's parking lot slightly nervous to see a bigger crowd then normal. Jack grabbed my keyboard since a drum set was already set up on the stage, and the rest of us grabbed our respective guitars and basses.

"You nervous, Claire?" My best friend Alyssa asked. I didn't even notice that I was drumming on the bass case until she spoke up.

"Kinda. There's a lot of people and I'm singing the new song tonight."

"Just imagine them naked. That's what I do. Especially the hot guys." We both started laughing as we continued over to the stage where Rachel, the current owner of Tootsie's, stood.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present tonight's entertainment, The Hunted!" Rachel introduced us, trying to hype up the crowd, but only a few people clapped obviously too engulfed in their own conversations. We walked on stage and we all introduced ourselves.

"We are going to start off with one of our own songs but if anyone would like to suggest anything y'all are welcome to come up. In the meantime, this song is called Spectator."

As Jack started off the song I completely forgot the crowd and leaned into the microphone to start singing. Matt and Alyssa joined in on guitar and bass. All of my nerves slipped away as we played that first song. I looked out into the crowd to see some people watching us, suddenly interested. We finished the song and there were about ten people clapping which is good considering the crowd we got thrown in front of.

I leaned back a little bit to tell the others what song we were gonna play next. "Thank you guys. This song is called Famous Last Words." I had been dying to play this song for the past few months and I finally convinced the others to play it. I grabbed my bass from the stand behind me and plugged it into the speaker. I played the opening chords to the song and leaned into the microphone to start singing.

"Now I know that I can't make you stay.

But where's your heart, but where's you're heart. But where's your-

And I know there's nothing I can say to change that part, to change that part, to change-"

Matt, Alyssa, and Jack all joined in and it sounded amazing. I could see the crowd finally getting into it. After the song more people clapped and a tall guy with dark brown hair came up and put a twenty dollar bill in our bucket. "Thank you so much." I replied and he just nodded his head.