Chapter 4

Claire's pov

I woke up cuddled into Brendon's side. I must have fallen asleep. I poked his side and he shifted slightly. I continued poking him, like a child, until he woke up. "I hate you sometimes," he groaned tiredly, rubbing his eyes.

"That makes two of us, bud. But we both fell asleep. Let's do something!" I said excitedly, remembering Bren's promise before we both fell asleep.

"Well, you seem a lot better. What do you want to do? Play video games, watch some movies or that weird show you always make me watch," Brendon said chuckling at my dropped jaw.

"First of all, Doctor Who is not a weird show, ok? And just for that, you have to give me a piggy-back downstairs." I crossed my arms and turned up my nose.

"Claire, I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Excuses, excuses. You should be even stronger now. I'm not coming out of this room unless you carry me," I said, still not budging on the bed, in the same position.

"Finneeee," he groaned getting off and squatting on to the ground. "Get on."

"Yes!" I said climbing onto Brendon's back like a little kid, "Onward, ho!" He carried me down the stairs, past the kitchen and into the living room. He threw me off of his back and onto the couch. I flopped on it, and he sat on the coffee table across from it. "So, we can do whatever you want for the rest of the day, but you need to decide," Brendon said.

How about ice cream and a private performance by the best pop punk band? I said smiling at him.

Where are you gonna get Green Day? he asked.

"I mean you, ya dingus. You haven't played piano for me since my birthday two years ago," I said chuckling.

"I play piano almost everyday. What do you mean I haven't played for you?" he said exasperated.

"I mean like just for me. And I expect requests to be played."

"I am not your servant," he said, getting up.

"Well, today you are. Come on. For meeeeee?" I pleaded with a big smile.

"Fine, but in reason. I can't play everything," Brendon said walking over to the piano.

"I doubt that," I said chuckling. "Can you play some Disney songs? Pleaseeeeeee," I said still begging like a child.

"Ok, how about the one from Hercules? I know you love that one." Suddenly Brendon starts playing the beginning of I Can Go The Distance and starts singing:

I have often dreamed,

Of a far off place

Where a hero's welcome

Will be waiting for me

I started singing along:

Where the crowds will cheer

When they see my face

And a voice keeps saying,

This is where I'm meant to be

And then Brendon joined back in so that we were singing together:

I'll be there someday

I can go the distance

I will find my way

If I can be strong

I know every mile

Will be worth my while

When I go the distance

I'll be right where I belong

We continued like that for what felt like hours. I was content with just sitting on the couch and singing with Brendon. It definitely helped me get out of my slump. After about 10 songs, Brendon spun around on the piano bench to face me, "Anymore requests? We did Disney, Sinatra, Billy Joel..."

"You are relieved, good sir," I said, trying to sound British, but failed miserably.

"Accents never were your thing, were they?" Brendon said laughing at me. "Do you want to play some video games?"

"I bet I'll beat you," I said running over to the table with the controllers.

"I'm the one who basically taught you everything there is to know about video games. I doubt you can beat me," he said with a very smug expression.

"I don't know... I've been practicing while you've been rehearsing," I say turning on the console and running back to the couch.

"Do I hear a bet coming on?" Brendon said raising his eyebrow.

"Oh, you know it. Loser has to do all of the chores around the house for a week," I said really hoping I would win.

"Deal." And with that we shook hands and started the game.

Sorry this was kind of short, but I thought it was kind of cute. I wanted to incorporate this video because it is my favorite Brendon video, and I had this idea for awhile so I thought it would be appropriate. I will hopefully have another chapter out in the next week because I am going to write and I am not going to get distracted (doubtful... jk). Anyway, be prepared for more cutesy stuff.

xx