Chapter 5

Claire's pov

Its been a couple of weeks since the Ryan incident, and there are only two weeks until Panic! goes on tour. I've been trying to find a way to break it to my band considering they still don't know about Brendon or anything involving him. I need to tell them why I won't be around for a couple months. But as Dallon walked toward the house, the impending stress left my body.

Dallon had a backpack on and a towel over his shoulder. "Yo, Weekes!" I yelled. He looked around the front yard and up and down the block. "Up here," I yelled again. He finally looked up at me on the roof.

"What are you doing up there, young lady?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips. "I thought we were having a party?" Dallon said.

"We still are. I'll meet you down there." I said climbing back up and into the window. I put on a black, floral two piece and climbed back out onto the roof.

Brendon was grilling food while Zack was talking to him about last minute details for the upcoming tour. Sarah and Dallon were playing with the pups, and Ian and Spencer were bringing out beers for everyone. I backed up on the roof so I could get a running start. I ran and jumped at the edge.

I swam up to the surface of the pool and treaded, looking at everyone's reactions. I looked over at Sarah and Dallon who were both drenched.

Sarah stood up slowly and looked over at me. I smiled widely.

"You are so dead," she said laughing.

"My turn!" Brendon yelled and started running toward the house.

"Don't you da-" Sarah started, "You know what? Do what you want."

"If he's going up, I'm getting away from here," Dallon said getting up from his squat position. I got out of the pool and found my way over to Zack who gave me a high five for soaking Sarah. In less than a minute Brendon was up on the roof.

I grabbed a beer from Spence and watched as Brendon did a backflip off of the roof. When he surfaced, I clapped, "Impressive, but not that great of a splash overall. I'm going to have to give it a solid 4. What about you Zack?"

Zack put his arm around my shoulders and said, "I have to agree with you on this one, Claire. The technique was impressive, but no impactful splash like your world record splash. I'm gonna have to go with a 4 as well."

"Come on guys. Cut me some slack here," Brendon said from the pool.

"No can do, bro. You cannot sway the judges." I said, grabbing a burger from one of the plates.

After a few hours of drinks, food, and swimming, Brendon got a call that he and Spencer had to go meet with the tour manager and Zack went with since he is basically the band's right-hand man. Ian left saying he had a date in a few hours, and Sarah left to go get groceries. Soon it was just Dallon and I left in the pool. We've become pretty close in the past few weeks, so I didn't see this as awkward as it would have been a month ago.

I sat on the edge of the pool and watched Dallon swim around the pool and do flips under the water. He swam towards the wall that I was sitting at and came up for air a yard in front of me. "Why don't you come in?" he asked, crouched in the water so just his head was above.

"Why should I?" I teased kicking some water towards him. He started coming closer, simultaneously rising slightly.

"So I can dunk you," he teased back, lightly pulling my leg to tempt me in the water.

"Oh, that sounds like a bargain," I said, "but you're going to have to try harder than that to get me back in," I said laughing at his poor attempt.

"Oh yeah?" Dallon questioned moving even closer and standing up a bit more.

"Yeah. To be honest I don't think you're trying very hard," I said, Dallon coming closer still.

He got so close that I was sure he was going to kiss me. "How about now?" he questioned before leaning in and lightly kissing my lips.

Shit! What is going on? Obviously I like him, but he really likes me back?! THIS much?!

I went to move into the kiss more, but Dallon pulled back and dragged me into the pool. "Are you kidding me?" I said laughing and splashing him. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder taking me to the deep end of the pool and dunked me. "Ok, you win! I concede!" I said after surfacing finally.

Sarah's pov

I walked back into the house because I forgot my phone which had the grocery list on it. I walked through the kitchen and looked out the window to see Claire and Dallon kissing. I guess my phone isn't a big deal at the moment. I turned around and walked back out to the car. I figured I shouldn't tell Brendon about this, at least until I talk to Claire about it.