One Last Dance (Epilogue)

I'd like to thank Nialltalic for the wonderful fan art above! It's a beautiful edit and I absolutely love it! I love the colour scheme you went with here. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this. It's gorgeous! <33

If y'all have created anything for me such as fan art, playlists, memes, video clips, anything really, PLEASE don't hesitate to send it to me through PM. I'll definitely be posting it in my stories and giving you acknowledgement and throwing a dedication and shout-out your way! :D

 I'll definitely be posting it in my stories and giving you acknowledgement and throwing a dedication and shout-out your way! :D

⏳ 2016

Fireflies danced among the darkness of the jungles and mountains

Fireflies danced among the darkness of the jungles and mountains. I'd never seen the night sky like the one splashed out above back home in Brooklyn. It was beautiful. There were so many stars dotting the inky blackness. The jungles below the night sky was as black as the darkness above, only the fireflies serving as flying lights.

I flipped the golden watch in my hands, flipping open the lid and clicking it closed every so often. It felt so different the last time I held it the night she and I spent together after Sokovia. I barely brushed my fingers along it ripping it from her suit...among other things. And it felt powerful. The aura and energy radiating off it was so unlike any I'd ever encountered. I honestly believed then that there had to be an Infinity Stone in there with the amount of power I felt streaking through my fingers.

But now? Now it felt empty, completely vacant and devoid of the power it once held. Now it felt like a normal pocket watch.

I ran a calloused thumb along the golden lid, scratched and grooved and roughed after years of use. Popping the lid, the watch itself was broken. The hands no longer moved. It didn't tick. I clicked it shut. Its usefulness as what it was had become no more. It was a memento now.

And then it started to glow. I stumbled to my feet, the watch radiating that familiar gold, shimmering and glistening in the low lighting of the medical bay, reflecting off the glass. It flicked open, and a stream of golden energy flowed out. It curled and twirled, a thin golden cord keeping the dancing power tethered to the watch. I swallowed, my eyes widening, at the sight of the energy taking shape, forming a familiar body, hair flowing out.