Civil War - Part Two

⏳ 2016

⏳ 2016

Silence

Silence. The word demanded quiet and stillness, nothing but white noise that commanded a void of speechless wonder. That was all I could hear as I stood between two parties hell bent on tearing each other apart.

I had no plan going in. I'd simply followed the Vision and found my way to Saxony. It didn't take me long to figure out where Steve would be, and so I counted my blessing and prayed to any gods upstairs before portalling to Leipzig-Halle Airport.

They stared at me. Some curious. Some cautious. Some enraged. But the only stare I cared about was Steve's, who looked at me with the blankest expression of all, not giving anything away. Smart.

"Move," Stark ordered.

"No," I countered. "This has to stop. This all has to stop. What good is fighting among ourselves doing in saving people's lives? It's doing nothing more than fuelling the fire of hate against us."

"He did that when he signed," Steve called, raising his chin defiantly.

"He did what he thought was right," I retorted equally.

"It's not right."

"We don't know that for sure."

"So you're siding with him?"

The way Steve uttered 'him' was bitter; so very bitter in a way that I'd never heard, yet it felt more directed at me than at Tony. And no doubt Stark felt the same about the first avenger himself.

"You know what I have to do, Andi," Steve said, his voice edging towards a somewhat threatening tone. "You can either help me or get out of my way."

"He's going to get people killed to protect his ass, Andi," Stark yelled, pointing a metal finger at Bucky, who glared at me like a prowling lion. I turned to Stark, who gave me a look attempting to be convincing. "You said you were on the side of life. This is saving lives."

"If I don't get Bucky out of here, that doctor is going to unleash more like him on the world," Steve said. "People that can make countries fall overnight." He took a cautious step forward towards me, and I instinctively raised my hand directed at him higher, shooting him a warning glare. "You heard the guy. He wanted to see empires fall, and this is the way to do it."