3

Natalie stared at the boy with the sun-kissed curls, slightly chubby cheeks, black glasses, puffy lips and a cute nose through the glass. Upon entering, she saw that his eyes were two different colours, one bluish-green and one silver gray.

Inhaling, she gave him a small smile. "Isaac Collins?" She asked with a sheepish smile.

"Natalie Davis," he said with a nod. He dug into his pocket and handed her the wallet.

"Thank you so-"

"I know I said I wouldn't make you fulfill my pleasures, but free ice cream as a compensation price seems fair."

"Of course it does," Natalie grumbled. Cursing under her breath. With a fake smile, she asked, "What ice cream would you like to devour for free?"

"The most expensive one because I only go for high quality stuff," he said smugly.

Natalie scoffed. "Expensive stuff is overrated. Just like you."

"Did you just indirectly call me expensive?" He pointed out.

"No, I directly called you overrated."

He smirked. "Right. I want chocolate with extra sprinkles, whipped cream and lots of white sauce."

"Alright," she sighed and called over a waiter. He came immediately and took her order. His ice cream was only about ten dollars.

Whilst they waited for the ice cream, Natalie struck up a conversation. "So...how old are you."

"Seventeen. Also, I despise small talk."

"Wow, the same as me. This isn't small talk, it's getting to know each other better."

Isaac arched an eyebrow, which caused a pang of jealousy to course through her veins. How she wished she could do that! "There's no need for that when we are never going to see each other again."

"Um. Yes, we are. You owe me back. Returning a wallet doesn't mean I give you ten bucks. You gotta repay those ten bucks to me when I'm in need."

"To think I would actually do that. It's not some novel where we are magically going to get together." Natalie's cheeks coloured red and she glanced at the table, at the stains. "Besides, it won't work because I-"

"Your order, sir!" The waiter interrupted. What a pleasant interruption!

"Geez, you have an ego bigger than Russia."

"And you have more air in your head than an oxygen tank," he retorted, grabbing a spoon.

"And you have less brains than an ant."

"I don't think-"

"Isaac, my man!" Someone hollered from behind. She turned around in her seat and saw a boy with blonde hair and dark blue eyes that stared right through her.

"Hey, Brad!" Isaac said with a laugh. "What's up?"

Bradley winked at Isaac and gestured behind him. There was a girl there, who was standing and staring around, looking for a place. Smirking, he wrapped a hand around her waist and pulled her towards their table. "I thought you were meeting Taylor? I should declare that you're cheating on-"

"No!" Natalie exclaimed, blushing. "I'm not...I don't even know him. I'm just...paying for his ice cream."

Bradley gave her a sweet smile and finally seemed to acknowledge her. "What, did his charm get to you?"

"Please!" Natalie said, rolling her eyes. "He is as charming as a cockroach."

Isaac looked shocked. Gasping and placing a hand on his chest, he mocked an expression of sheer horror. "No way!"

Natalie resisted the urge to kick him from under the table and settled on strangling her wallet.

Bradley coughed and gave her a cocky smile. "Well, I'll leave you two...to argue?" With a wink, he sauntered away, the girl leaning on him.

"That guy is such a flirt," Isaac said, rolling his eyes.

"Glad you said it," Natalie said and got up. Placing ten bucks on the table, she smiled. "I'll be heading off. Expect messages when you have to repay me 10$ dollars."

"I won't. I'm blocking your number."

It was Natalie's turn to plaster mock horror on her face. "Well, am I appalled!"

"Just go," he said with a wave of his hand. Natalie noticed the small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as she turned around and walked away.

Allowing the boy who had just arrived to enter the parlour, she waited and then left, sparing Isaac another glance.