Armin x Reader

"Hey, _____! Don't run so fast!" Armin yelled to you, trying to keep up.

"C'mon Armin! Run!" You laughed.

You and your best friend Armin were playing in the grass field, where the spring wind was playing with the tall grass, which looked like green waves with purple and blue spots. Happy smile slowly crept on your face.

"_______! Wait! I can't run with a book!"

"A book?" You stopped and turned around, your ten-year-old face was lit with question and excitement. "Is it about--"

"The outside world!" Armin ran up to you, gasping for air. You two sat in the field, reading about the burning water, and the land of ice, and the plains of burning sand. You two were turning pages with extra care since the book was dinosaur-age-old.

"Armin... In joining the Survey Corps." You whispered, smiling at the pictures in the book.

"I'm joining too. Even if I'm not the strongest, even if I'm not the fastest... I want to see the outside world!" The blonde clenched his fists, his eyes practically glowing with passion and determination.

You two headed home, but when you were about to be separated, an ear piercing scream reached you two.

"A TITAN!"

Fear filled your whole being, you realized how meaningless to the world you are when you saw the colossal Titan peeking above the wall. You unconsciously clenched Armin's hand, but a running stream of people separated you two, and you lost your only friend.

On the boat, you started crying. You didn't knew where your family was. Where Armin was. He told you that he'll introduce you to his other friends, Eren and Mikasa, the other day. Now your whole life was ruined by that terrifying Titan. Your memory recalled the book you read with Armin this morning.

"Survey Corps. Here I go."