Prologue

Sierra's P.O.V.

I woke with a jolt, unsure of what woke me. I thought I heard something outside. I considered calling for my mum, but I knew that she wouldn't want to be bothered by her 4 year old daughter this late at night. Instead, I grabbed a blanket and a flashlight and walked quietly downstairs. As I creaked open the old oak front door as quietly as I could, I saw a very strange sight. There was what seemed to be an old phone box in my front yard. I crept closer, wanting to investigate. Suddenly, I heard a man yelling from inside of the small blue box. Confused, I quietly pushed open the doors of the box, and gasped in awe. The first thought that went through my head was 'it's bigger on the inside!' But that thought was quickly replaced by more confusion as I saw the man inside. He has odd hair, suspenders, and a bowtie. Then I saw the thing that he had been yelling at. It looked like nothing that I had ever seen before, and it was repeatedly shouting "EXTERMINATE" in a robotic voice and shooting blue beams at the man. The man grabbed a giant gun and shot it at the thing, and it let out so much force that I was blown off of my feet. When I got back to my feet, I saw a strange gold light coming from inside of the blue box. Entranced, I walked towards it. When I was standing next to it, I looked straight at it, and suddenly my mind was full of things, things that I could never have thought up on my own, things that would make most adults go mad, but since I was only 4 years of age, my mind was full of oppertunity, and it only strengthened me. It showed me the world in a different way, allowed me to do things that weren't humanly possible. I knew the secrets of the universe, how everything began and how everything would end. I understood how life was first created, and what would happen after death. I could see everything that was happening every where, at every single moment of the history of the universe. I saw the infinately many parallel universes, worlds created by choices that had changed peoples' lives. It was too much. I couldn't hold it all. My vison became blury, and I fainted.

When I woke up, the phone box was gone. I was laying in the front yard, with a bit of a head ache. I wondered if it had all been a dream, the blue box, the strange man, and the glowing light that held the secrets of the universe. I struggled to remember what had happened, and I remembered that I had understood everything. I couldn't remember what I had understood, though. But not everything was gone. I soon realized that I still had a photographic memory, and I could communicate with people without talking. I always wondered who that man was, though. I wondered if I would ever see that blue box again. I would be watching, though.