1: Hidden Sand

As you open your eyes to see the roof of your wagon, you realize that it had been stopped. You peek out the front entrance to see Chūseina silently eating a bucket of hay. You look around and saw that your father stopped outside a tea house. You pull your head back into the wagon and grab an apple from your satchel. You went out the back of the wagon and walked over to Chūseina, first stroking her mane, then holding the apple near her mouth. Chūseina took a bite of the apple and then nuzzled you. You giggle as Chūseina's nuzzling only tickles your neck. 

Chūseina is a wonderful horse in your opinion. Though, she was the only horse you were ever exposed to. It seems as if she's been here for a while, possibly longer than your father...

"S-Stop Chūseina!" you manage to laugh out as you try to push away Chūseina. 

"Hey (y/n)! I see that you're awake," states your father as he waves goodbye to the old lady at the door of the tea house with a paper bag and cylinder shaped container. 

"Hi father, did you enjoy their tea?" you question as you watch Chūseina finish the apple, leaving the core in your hand. 

"Yes I did, I brought some back for you. They make dango and curry too," says your father as he sets the container on his seat, along with the bag of dango. 

"What, really?" you question as you look at your father.

"Yup, I haven't had any dango yet, the curry is great though. If you want the first bite of dango then-"

You cut your father off as you jump onto him, giving him a hug. 

"Of course! You know how much I love dango!" you exclaim as you jump down and run to the back of the wagon, pulling yourself up onto it. 

You quickly throw the core of the apple into a bucket and then run to the front, poke your arms out to grab the paper bag and cylinder container. You open the paper bag to be met by a familiar sweet scent. As you reach into the bag to pull out three dango on a stick, the wagon begins to move. You carefully take a bite of the first dango, hoping that your father doesn't hit a bump. 

The first dango turns out to be delicious. You take another whole bite of the next dango, it tastes even better than the first. At last, you were on the last dango. The last bite was always the best, mainly because most would savor it, feeling that it'd be their last. As you open your mouth to inhale the last dango, you stop and realize that your father didn't have any yet. 

You look into the paper bag to only find curry. As much as you wanted to finish the stick of dango, you couldn't. Instead, you found yourself poking your head out the front of the wagon. 

"Father, I ate the first and second dango... I almost ate the last as well. I'm sorry," you frown as you hold out the last dango on the stick towards your father. 

"It's okay sweetie, why don't you have it instead?" insists your father as he doesn't look away from the dirt road.

You shook your head. 

"No father. I remember you stating that you didn't have a taste of their dango. It's really good! I bet the last bite will be the best too!" you exclaim. 

"Then I guess I will take the last bite if you truly insist," says your father as he grabs the stick and eats the last dango quickly. 

"Is it the best?" you ask as you look at your father. 

Your father hands you back the stick. You wait for your father's response. 

"No," states your father as your heart plummets. 

"Oh..."

"It was amazing, it was better than the best! I'm so happy that you let me eat it too, (y/n)!" exclaims your father as he gives you a smile.