3: Monsters Don't Cry

A door of Gaara's household reveals a familiar sandy-blond haired male. 

"Ah, are you here for Gaara, (y/n)?" asks Yashamaru with a warm smile. 

"Well of course! Who else would I be here for? I haven't met Gaara's sister yet, and I think Kankuro doesn't like me very much anyways," you explain. 

"Okay, let me go find Gaara," says Yashamaru as he leaves you at an open door. 

As you wait for the redhead, you twirl around and balance on your heels as you examine nearby markets. You see balloons, games, and many more party items. At last, Yashamaru returns with Gaara. 

"Hi (y/n)!" greets Gaara as he waves a little. 

You spun around and engulf Gaara with a hug. "Gaara! Hi!"

Yashamaru only smiles as he watches you and Gaara hug. 

"Oh, hey Uncle Yashamaru!" you exclaim, surprising Yashamaru at what you called him.

"Hm, yes (y/n)?" questions Yashamaru. 

"Is the village having a party?" you ask as you point at the nearby busy markets.

"I guess that's what it is, but it's a festival that occurs in every village at the same time once a year. They just have different names. For example, The Hidden Sand's festival name is called "The Sand Festival," whereas The Hidden Leaf's festival name is "The Sakura Festival," explains Yashamaru. 

"Why isn't The Hidden Leaf's festival called "The Leaf Festival," or why isn't The Hidden Sand's festival name called, uh... "The Dirt Festival?" you question as you rethink your choice. 

Yashamaru giggles and says, "Well, I'm not sure (y/n)."

"Well, I'm sure it'll have awesome food whatever the name is!" you exclaim as you grab Gaara's hand and begin to dash towards the direction of your house. "See ya later Yashamaru, I'll take good care of Gaara!"

Yashamaru only smiles as he watches you and Gaara run off to who knows where and thinks, "I'm sure you will (y/n), and I'm sure Gaara will take care of you as well."

. . . 

"Father! I'm home!" you yell as you burst through the door of your home with Gaara, or to your father, "competition." 

"Welcome back (y/n), was the child you enjoy playing with unavailable?" questions your father as he turns away from the dishes he was washing to see you and Gaara holding hands.

Your father knew you befriended akin of the Kazekage's, but he assumed that it was the girl, not one of the boys. And here was one of the boys in front of him, holding your hand.

"No, he was available! Here he is! This is Gaara, he makes awesome sand castles!" you yell excitingly as you let go of Gaara's hand and present him. 

Gaara shyly waves and squeaks out a "hi."

"Cool, you guys hang out as I go and get some cash!" you yell as you run through your hallway into your room. 

"So Gaara... would you like a PB&J?" questions your father.

"N-No thank you, sir!" replies Gaara as he fiddles with his fingers.

"Not only is he handsome, but polite too! Before I know it, he'll sweep my daughter off her feet and leave me to die!" secretly thought your father as tears stream down his face.

"A-Are you alright sir?" questions Gaara.

"He's also considerate of others! He'll definitely take away my daughter from me!" thinks your father as he tries to compose himself.