Chapter 2

It's been a while for Beam to have an evening nap, today Pha order him to rest after finish his minimarket shift because the clinic only open for two appointment patient. He wonder that Pha & Kit have another plan to deceive him in order to get a "proper" job. Is assist to ran their clinic with receiving 'forced' salary not enough to ease their worries? Actually Beam doesn't mind at all with helping them without any paid, after all it's only extend a hand for a small matter. But he didn't want to argue with his bestfriend, they help him a lot during his darkest time and receive something from them wouldn't hurt him huh?

"Maybe i should eat dinner before my night shift."

Chill air suddenly hit his face when he open the fridge then he decide to make fried rice with sunny-side up, simple yet delicious dish. His cooking ability isn't excellent but better than his other two mates, he would be in charge of cooking when they have sleepover. He is good with everything as long as he knows the recipe, last time Pha request for Japanese food he never heard before so he need a time to looking for the recipe online and the taste ain't that bad. How could they criticize his result when they never have experience with  the original tastes beforehand, ha!

Beam went to the sink to wash the dishes and glance to the wall clock, it's already 7 o'clock.

"I better hurry, the kids will arrive at bar before 8 o'clock. I didn't want them to cause a ruckus about 'you late because you worn yourself out so you should rest a little more' or the worst 'you should drop your night job' thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"P'Forth i will go first, i already text you the bar's address. I warn you to show up tonight or i will never talk to you anymore, you could said that i wouldn't have a face to be labelled as a con!"

"Is it that important to have my presence there? Don't say that Ai Kit ain't enough to you?"

"Pfffttt, don't change the subject P'. They already excited to hangout with you after 5 or i say 6 years! It's a fortune that they still call you a friend, how come you transfer to overseas university so suddenly then comeback to country without any communication but only me!"

"Yah! It's not like i'm willing to do it, if that's not my old man last will i won't agree. How could i go abroad after hurting without comforting him?"

"Huh? What do you mean? Do you hurt some..."

"Nothing, just go i will finish the paper first. See you there!" Forth cut Ming question then send him off with hand gesture.

The conversation with Ming only bring back the old memory that he burry deep down. Although the latter didn't mind his behaviour and told him to forget it but it still bother him. He only apologize once and the worst it ain't a proper one, if he shouldn't went abroad in rush he would beg for apologize 1000 times more. The reason that he didn't contact his old friends no wonder because he's a coward. He didn't have any courage to face the latter, he's sure that the latter didn't want he ruin his wonderful life now with his presence.

"But i'm a man with his promise, whatever will be lah."

Forth sign the last document and grab his things then walk to basement parking with absentminded. He's driving his black Rubicon whilst hear the radio announcer babbling about the Friday night. How he missed his campus life, when everyday feels like Friday night.

"You have reached your destination."

"Ahh this bar looks nice, they still got the sense prefer cozy than famous one."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really happy when i see that little red dot on my notifications!! This is beyond my expectations. Thank you for your responses, i really appreciate you. I'll squeeze my tiny brain till drain to keep the fire on.

Btw i plan to give a double shot within next 12 hours. So cheers!!!

*wipe tears*
~Tian