D

Two Weeks Later|

Nicki POV|

6:25 am|

I called Wayne last night to ask him where the studio was and I came in early.

I asked Safaree to come with me, he knows how to use the equipment more than me. "Are you sure he is okay with you using the studio so early?" I put a grape in my mouth from my fruit salad I packed, "Who cares."

He ignored my comment and gazed at the equipment. "Let's get started."

----

Wayne|

11:09|

I ride up to the studio and already see a car there. Why she come so early? I thought as I stepped out of my new car and went inside.

I heard giggling with a beat playing. Nicki was in the booth and some nigga on the equipment. I walk in further so they can see me.

The music turns off and they both look at me. "Wayne" She says getting out of her playful mood. "Nicki and..."

"Safaree, sorry man, I just couldn't resist. Nice to meet you" He put out his hand and I took it.

"Aight cool, how long y'all been here?" "6. I needed to mix, change, and rerecord some things but I'm finished now we were just playing around."

"Cool, then let me hear it." The beat started playing with her voice, I told Simon or whatever his name was to cut the song.

"What?" "I want to hear it live, play the instruments and just rap to it." I was trying to test her to see if she's artist material. I know she said she don't like to let people hear but you can't be an artist if you shy. That shit don't work.

She looked towards Sammy nervously and he mouthed a few words and he started the beat.

I was bobbing my head at what she was spitting. Rocky came in and stood behind me doing the same.

Dope.

Nicki|

11:34 am|

Rocky, Safaree, and Wayne were bobbing their heads. I think they liked it. I finished and walked outside of the booth.

It's not that I was or am shy but I don't and didn't want anyone to hear and say they don't like it. So many people told me I wasn't good before I decided not to let anyone hear except Safaree and Sherika.

They liked it but they were friends, of course they would. I would be allowed to punch them if they didn't. I laughed in my head at the thought.

I focused back on Wayne's response. He didn't say anything which was scarier than him saying he didn't like it.

He picked up the CD that I put the songs on and headed towards the door with Rocky. "Nicki Minaj" he said loud enough for me to hear.

I slowly got angry.

Why would I name myself after a fake name I told him and something I did with him and his annoying ass friend for some money?

A nigga just being a nigga.

----

6:23 PM|

Safaree had to go to something with his family so I asked him to drop me off at Sherikas apartment. I needed to discuss it with her.