E

Wayne|

8:23 pm|

I took Nicki's demo and replayed it really listening to it. "I gotta sign her bruh" I said truthfully to Rocky. "I don't think she gonna wanna do it after you left out like that though."

"You know that's what I do to all of the artist that I actually like. It's all a test. If you really wanna get somewhere, you gonna have to want it. If they waiting on me to call, they won't be getting no deal. I want to see how long it will take for her to call."

"Aight man, don't mess up big nig. I'm gone" he said walking out my place.

I hope she call soon cuz I'm really feeling her.

---

The Next day|

Nicki|

2:49 pm|

I decided to give that Fendi nigga a call since Wayne on some bullshit. I met him at his studio. It wasn't as nice as Wayne's but it was fine.

After he heard some more songs, he turned back to me and nodded. I relaxed after I noticed him about to give feedback.

"Yea, this really dope. I wanna sign you" He said.

That's when I thought about Wayne, I don't want to make any quick decisions. Wayne is more known and probably could start me on a better foot than Fendi.

I mean I heard about him once or twice but I don't see his artist winning shit.

"Thank you and I'll have to think about that." He nodded his head, "Ight cool but do you mind if I copy this real quick?" referring to the demo off my iPod.

I shrugged and he left. I look down at my feet, thinking hard.

I need to talk to Wayne to see what's going on instead of waiting for his pussy ass to call me. I need to know what moves we doing before I sign to Fendi.

He came back, handing me my iPod back. "Thanks, Imma head out though" I say getting up while gathering my things. "Aight, hope I see you again."

I didn't respond and walked out. I walked to a McDonald's and ordered some food and sat in the back. I clicked on the app I use to call people and pressed Wayne's number.

It ringed four times before he picked up. "So liste-" "I was waiting on your call." "Mhm, okay anyway. I wanted to know if we moving forward or you didn't like it or something. What's up? Why you leave?"

He chuckled on the other line. I didn't say anything funny.

"Of course we moving forward. I told you from day 1, you dope as fuck Ma. I do this little, trick on my artist that I like. If you want something you gonna have to work hard for it, and you have to want to work hard. A lot of dope potentials missed out on deals by not calling back. I knew you were going to be smart enough to Babygirl."

He talked as if what he was saying made sense. "So you make people believe you don't like it by walking out but to teach them a lesson you wait for them to call back. That's dumb as fuck Wayne" I reply.

"Well when you put it that way..."

"That's the way you put it."

"So are you signing or what?" he asked changing subjects. "I want details and want to see a contract before I discuss my decisions with you."

I didn't go to college but I ain't no damn dummy. I know how risky these 'Music people' are. They only in it for the money at the end of the day. Most don't give two shits if you get fucked over. You can't trust anybody.