Chapter 8

After disapearing somewhere in the hallaway, I followed the path he took... running because let me tell you that existing in some random place in which you are for the first time isn't followed by the greatest feeling ever. Especially if it's the one of the guy who left you clueless on the dance floor while you barely knew each other. Normally when you just got to know a person you act so carefull while dealing with him fearing to make a wrong move which leads to him thinking the worse of you. As a person I believe in first impressions. considering that Jayden invited me to cooking something in the middle of the night while no one was home -based on what he said of course may I add- then vanishing completely -which no one will blame me for calling it acting careless towards your guest- you could easy tell I wasn't satisfied. And that's the least I can say about all of this.

Okay so yes, I kind of feel guilty for even coming to his house in the first place now. Anyone in my place would've been as embarrassed as I am and no one woul've been pleased to be in such a situation.... Except for some cheap whore who is deseperatly wanting to get into his pants. Though no one can ever deny his silhouette, even me. which is pretty impressive. the outline of his legs, the details of his muscular back and most importantly his ' coiffé décoiffé' hair. It's messy like he just got out of bed but you can sense it's slightly styled or that he simply ran his hand through it right after woking up. That's how it looks. Effortless but effective... not that I was checking him out but people don't walk around school with their eyes covered. Plus I often hear people talking about how he could easily make it in modeling industry. When I hear girls -Blue included- blaberring about that, I usually thought about how they couldn't imagine something farther for the guy's future. Why do I care, only he is concerned about his future besides it depends on him if he wants a carreer that is able to influence humanity.

Showing up out of nowhere, the little demon was right in front of me imposing his weight on one leg and crossing his arms 'excuse me for interrupting your creepy thoughts but I thought we were making food and I'm starving so I suggest we head to where we usually make food which is the kitchen obviously and not the hallway'

Consider this a bonus to what I said earlier, I mean can someone be rude and as much of an asshole to his guest as this.

'ever heard of a social concept called honoring your guest ?' I highly doubt he did

' not really' told ya 'come on, we're making omelettes'

Deciding omelettes wouldn't take too much time to be ready but enough to get him to tell me what he whispered earlier at the party, I followed him silently thinking to ways to choke him if he ever refused my request. Because supporting the anger, serching for him everywhere, and especially coming all the way here and leaving my little brother alone is worth getting a result.

Already in the kitchen, he went up to a radio and turned it up at a random station

Maybe I'm amazed by Paul mcCartny was playing

"most radio stations often put some really nice music late at night, the best even" then he kept having fun with humming the song while pulling some tools from the cupboard and ingredients from the fridge.

To be honest I didn't expect him to like this kind of music. I predicted something close to Pop music, R'n'B, techno, Rap ... Recent types of music besically.

"here, cut these in small pieces, it'll distract you from whatever your mind is telling you" he handed me 3 different types of vegetables along with a board made out of wood and a sharp knife which I accepted with a glare for mocking me. but I quickly fell back into thoughts. How do I mention that I'm helping him make food just to get an answer without sounding pethatic !? not like he doesn't know that already but still admitting it out loud is not something I would be proud of.

"Do you allways do this ?" he let out surprising me and abandoning his humming for the animals' house of the rising sun I guess. So this is his definition for good music indeed ! okay wow !

"do what?" as far as I know I didn't make any move ever since I entered whether it was a good onr or a bad one

"existing besides someone and acting like you don't exist" depends actually. If he's a psychopath like you then so be it: I play dead. I didn't say that out loud actually because if I did the small –more like tiny- chance to get what I want from him will disapear forever. If it wasn't the case I would've yelled it right in his face loud and clear. But if I'm being serious, yes I usually choose with whom I chit chat.

"Do you allways do this?"

"what?" he was comfused. You should be Hoffmann, you should be.

"whispering something to the person you dance with then disapearing" ouchhhhh ! oh my God it was easier then I thought. Mentally high fiving myself for being such a genuis.

He dropped what he has in head and looked at me with a serious and fierce look that made me regret instantly what I just said. Focusing on his face, you could catch a little bit of anger but mostly regret, that kind of regret when remembering something you wished never happened or when you want that thing to happen again but know fully well it never because it's wrong.

He brushed those emotions within seconds and remained expressionless

"why do you want to know so bad?"

"because it concerns me" duh "because i couldn't catch it then but I want to now. Because I'm curious about something I have the right to know but I don't." I looked down and took a deep breath because it's best to let it out instead of keeping it to myself "because it was an ass move from you to dance ... that sensually with a woman, whispering whatever it was in her ear, then abandon her in the middle of a crowd filled with random horny guys making her feeling lost" for the first time in my life I let myself sound needy and pethatic in front of someone I basically don't know. it was a foreign feeling, I couldn't figure out what it was exactly. All I know is that I couldn't stand being here beside him after I said what I said for another second so I didn't even look at him before I turned towards the door and ran to my car on tears.

The vision whilst the whole ride was blurry. Tears doing great at covering my eyes. They just couldn't stop already. The main reason to why this is happening to me is basically feeling rejected in the first place and let me say it was a harsh one. I also must mention feeling deseperate because an inner voice is sure that I'll never get an answer. Another reason is because I admitted I was lost and weak –fragile and easy to mess up with basically- to someone I didn't trust at all and that's the last thing I want in my life because I wasn't wearing a poker face so that no one can affect me in any way all these years for nothing. and those feelings go back to too much previous incidents. It might seem awkward but I kinda expected he would stop me from leaving and reasure me I didn't embarrass myself like I think I did ... but he didn't

All I wanted is to crowl in bed and sleep until this horrible feeling is forgotten which I did right after getting home.