New Year!

The train finally got to Hogwarts, a lot of students were shaken up due to the dementor incident.

We made our way out of our compartment without crashing into anyone, thank Godric.

I hurried to grab an empty carriage, hoping in I waited for the others to climb in.

Draco sat next to me, while Blaise and another boy I didn't know.

It wasn't until the carriage had started moving when any of us broke the silence.

"Apparently Potter fainted" Draco scoffed with a side smirk. The two boys in front of me chuckled, but for some reason, I felt concern for Harry.

'I hope he's ok'

Looking out the window I could tell it was going to be a long trip, the rain doesn't help.

I lifted my legs up on to the seat and leaned again Draco. He didn't seem to mind as he put his arm around my shoulders to make sure I didn't fall off on the bumpy parts of the road.

-Small time skip brought to you by Scabbers 🐀-

Everyone was in the great hall, awaiting the feast yet to come.
The choir was singing at the front, but I wasn't really listening.

I leant my head on someone's shoulder, I didn't know whose, just replaying my mother being sent to Azkaban over in my head.
It was giving me extreme head pain.

Once the choir had finished people applauded as they sat down. Dumbledore came up to the front and started his speech.

"Welcome back, to another year at Hogwarts! I'd like to say a few words before we get stuck into our marvellous feast!"

As if he doesn't always have some sort of warning or long speeches every year...

"First I'd like to welcome Professor R J Lupin, who has kindly taken on the role of the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, good luck Professor Lupin!" A tallish man stood up and nodded to all of us.

"I wonder when or if Snape will get a chance to teach defence against the dark arts?" I muttered, the guy I leaned on just hummed in reply, not really listening to me or Dumbledore.

Before I knew it, my leaning post had moved to talk to someone on the other table.

"Potter! Potter!" It was Draco, Harry look over at him grimly.

"Is it true you fainted," the guy whose name I didn't know, made a mocking fainting gesture, "like actually fainted?" Draco chuckled until I nudged him in the ribs, not taking my gaze away from Dumbledore.

"Shove off Malfoy!" I heard Weasley hiss. Draco just turned back around and let me lean on him again. He knew that I was taking the incident poorly.

"-care for magical creatures has decided to retire, hoping to spend some peaceful time alone with his remaining limbs!"

I was looking forward to that class, mainly as I was a magical creature myself.

"So, I am delighted to announce that his place will be taken, by none other than our own, Rubeus  Hagrid!"

I'm glad that Hagrid will be a teacher, it will probably be more fun that potions.

"Finally on a more describing note," I leant forward, making sure I heard what he had to say.

"On the request of the ministry of magic, Hogwarts will play host to the dementors of Azkaban"

'Oh no!' I shuddered at the thought of those happy sucking monsters!

Draco must have noticed as he pulled me closer to him. I don't know why he's being this nice and protective...?

"Until Sirius Black is captured" a lot of people started to mutter and whisper to one another about the newly given information.

"The dementors will be stationed to each entrance to the grounds, and although I have been assured that they will not disturb our day to day activities," he turned his gaze towards me as he and quite possibly Harry as he continued.

"A word of caution, dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they are after and the one who stands in their way, that why I should warn you, not to give them a reason to harm you"

He carried on about finding light in the darkness, but we all know that every light must fade at some point.

The feast lit up the tables and everyone started to dig in.

'Just once, I'd like a year at school, were nothing happens!'