Chapter 1

"Pomponia. We need to hurry and get everything into the wagon." My mother, Euphemia said. My mother is a beautiful woman. She has long brown hair, that is braided down her back. Today, she is wearing a pale blue dress, with brown leather flats on. Her face shows that she is a mother, with laugh lines and wrinkles. It shows the beauty in her.

"Alright mother, I'm coming with the rest of the clothing." I replied, picking up a crate.

I've been living in this simple cabin all my life. I was even born in my mother's and father's room. The cabin is a homey feel. You never have nothing to do if you live here. Growing up, there was so much space to run around and play. Now, I'm a lady. I stay indoors to cook and clean, but my inner child needs to be released. Sometimes I miss running through the wood, without any shoes on. Feeling the dirt between my toes.

My mother met my father at a school, down south of Transylvania. A boy's only school. Father told me that when he had first seen my mother, she was maid. Cooking and cleaning, after the boys her age.

Mother says, that when she first met my father, she accidentally bump into him, while she was working. So, he had turned around and started to helped her. I don't​ know whether to be happy or in awe, about how my parents met. It was like it was love at first sight.

All of a sudden, I was nearly pushed down.

"Hey, Popillia! Be careful I almost drop everything." I said, to my only younger sister.

"Sorry." She says, looking down at her feet. She has beautiful long dark wavy hair and a faded pink dress on. She is only 5 years old and knows how to sew at a young age.

"Is everyone finished bringing everything out? " My father questioned, getting in front of the wagon.

"Yes." I said. I hoped onto my black horse that I have named, Midnight. She is a wonderful girl. For some reason, she only lets one person ride her and that person is me.

Mother and Popillia got in the back of the wagon, sitting down. Father whipped the horse and I motioned for my horse to go. We was off to Castle Dracula.

Many of my friends' wondered why, I'm moving to the wonderful Castle of our Prince. My father got the job as head warrior for Prince Vlad Dracul's army. I'm just proud of my father for getting the position.

Fixing my sleeves, I look down at myself to see that I'm wearing a maroon dress, with a build in corset. Mother had helped me into this dress. The dress is long sleeve, but is cool enough to wear. It has an open "u" shape neck line that show my breast. My dress is long enough that it doesn't show any of my legs, which is quite rude. My shoes are black leather flats, that my father made for me.

I pushed my long dark curly hair back over my shoulders and continued to follow the wagon.

**

It has been awhile and all I have been seeing is rocks, trees, dirt, and more trees. Soon after up ahead, I can start to see the great Castle Dracula. It looks marvelous. I bet the village is in there. The whole castle is surrounded by a brick wall, with vines going up.

When we reach the gate, there was two guards blocking the entrance. My father nods toward the guards, as they open the gate for us. I guess they know who my father is. We entered the castle of Dracula.

This is the day my life will change forever.