Chapter 7

Last night, after dinner all what me and Vlad did was talk, and talk, and talk. He had been to so many places. He says, that he has been to Turkey, and Hungary, and many other countrys'. He also told me when he was a little boy, that he had to go and fight for the Turks. I felt sorry. He was forced to go, by his father the King.

We ended up alone in the private garden, so he took off his blouse and turned to me, showing​ his scars all over his back and chest. I trace my fingers all over his scars. He has so many of them. I really do feel sorry

**

Weeks passed and the day I was born arrived. I was turning 19, still with no husband.

As I'm getting dressed​ in a fancy dress, Elizabeth did my hair and makeup. Once she was done she helped​ me up.

"Stay right there, Miss." She says, then she step outside and came back in. There is a package in her hand.

"Happy Birthday, Miss Pomponia." She says, handing me a package. Oh, how sweet of she. I took it, opening it. It is the most beautiful painting I have ever seen. It's​ a painting of me and Vlad kissing. Behind the painting is a book. I look at it and it's a 1410 copy of, "Thomas Occleve - The Regement of Princess​". I have been looking for this book for a long time.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you! I have been looking for this book for a long time. Thank you for this picture of me and Vlad." I said, happily. I gave Elizabeth a hug and I kiss her on the cheek.

"You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. I need to go." She said, leaving my room. I feel so happy. Well... I was happy before because of me and Vlad, but now everything is just bliss.

When I walked​ down to breakfast, Vlad was not there. So I sat down with my family.

"Good morning sweetheart and happy birthday. How old are you now? 16?" My father said. I just laugh.

"No father, I am 19 now. Do you know where Vlad is?" I asked. My mother and Popillia shook their head's "no". I made a groaning noise.

"Excuse me, Miss Sabina, but today is your birthday is it?" A cheif said. Which scared me, because I did not see or hear him.

"Uh... Yes." I said, not knowing what to say.

"Can I take a request on what would you like for breakfast, but for dinner it's​ a surprise." He looked​ at my parents. Oh, I get the game now.

So I order what I would like, which was: eggs and grits with cheese. My favorite! I dug into my breakfast and it is the tastiest thing I had in a long time.

After breakfast, I went back to my room. When I got there, I notice my door is cracked​ part way. So I slowly open it. There was a man in silver armor.

"What are you doing in my quarters?" I demanded.

"You look more beautiful in person, Pomponia." The soldier says. All of a sudden, he grabbed​ my mouth and tied me. I kicked​ him, trying to scream. No one could hear me. Right now, I need my man. Vlad.

These people are Turks. I can hear it in their accents, but why would they want to kidnapped​ me? I need someone to help me. Vlad, I need you. I didn't even remember seeing black. All I remember was smelling a strong smell.